Aden Power Kit Sport

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I was quite liking it until I saw the price. That's much too much considering the measly 360wh battery. They charge £40 for a throttle that you can buy from Aliexpress for £5 including delivery. If that kit were £600, I might try it, but three times that price is ridiculous. You can buy a decent ready-made bike for that.

I like the idea of the pedal sensor on the back of the crank. That's a really good idea if you have a controller set up like my KT, where you can start with the throttle that goes up to 4 mph, then when you start pedalling, the throttle goes up to 15 mph. In that case, the delay of as much of one complete rotation doesn't matter, but it's going to be a pain if you get nothing until the first pulse is received. The rest of it is down to noise and power. Also, it has the advantage of working with a through axle.

Other than the axle, I think a hub-motor would be better. Keep all the other ideas, but stick the controller in the battery mount, but then it's the same as any other kit apart from the throttle and pedal sensor arrangement.

There you go Woosh. Avoid all those nasty problems installing a pedal sensor with your kits. Get KT controllers and stick a magnet on the back of the pedal. Your kits will sell like hot cakes, and you can send me £1 for each one as a licence fee for the idea. We all make a nice profit in these hard times. Alternatively, you can keep all the £1s and give it to me as a discount on my next Woosh bike.

Reactions: Woosh

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
What nasty problems?
Do a forum search. It's probably the most frequent question when people fit a hub-motor kit. Some BBs have no room, some are the wrong size, some work backwards, some have nowhere to fit the sensor. If you're selling kits, it's a nightmare. All the sellers try to avoid these problems. Some solutions are better than others, but none have completely solved it yet.