Admins Please Remove This

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
48v battery will allow more wh/range at 840wh, 52v will give you 728wh. 48v gives 15% more capacity over the 52v.

Sellers use German warehouse for import, by selling within the EU they avoid costs of vat/import fees for the buyer thus defrauding the economies of EU countries.
If you have a problem then the issue is with the seller/vendor and not Bafang any warranty is then dealt with in most cases in China, so can be costly to return any goods at your expense.

For the stock Bafang steel CR, there are two options to use 42t rings or smaller ones.
1. Use a BBS spider adapter to use your existing ring.
2. Buy a Lekkie bling ring or similar designed for use with BBS and other mid drive kits.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

Kwozzymodo

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2017
Lincolnshire
You could get a very decent hub kit for about £350 all in - with a 36v 10ah battery. A UK supplier will be able to guarantee the kit and provide spares from UK stock, so no need to send anything back to China. And a UK supplier will be paying the VAT and duty due on the kit - a small win for the UK economy!

FYI, the, shipping, VAT and duty payable on ebike kit can add up to 40% to the basic cost from a Chinese supplier, so there is a lot of money to be saved by avoiding taxes.... If you take a look on ebay, you will see loads of kits (excluding battery) available for little more than £100 with free shipping. You won’t be able to buy a kit directly from China for this price, as you will have to pay tax and duty on top of the base price.

Kwozzymodo

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2017
Lincolnshire
Regarding chain length - put the chain on the largest sprocket on the cassette and the largest chainring on the chainset. The rear derailleur cage should be around 45 degrees from vertical. If the cage goes more horizontal than 45 degrees, you will need to add links to the chain, any less, you will need to remove links from the chain.

With Mountain bikes, if you put the chain on the smallest sprocket on the cassette and the smallest ring on the chainset, the derailleur cage will be pointing towards the rear of the bike. If the top jockey wheel in the cage fouls the chain, the chain is too long. Use this ‘rule of thumb’ along with the process above to check chain length.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Why do you need the 750w version? If it's because you want to go fast, that cheapo battery is probably not the best. If you don't want to go fast, the 250w BBS01 might be more suitable, and it's legal.

You should get the gear sensor, whichever version you get. It's more or less essential for the 750w version.

What are you going to use your bike for? I would have thought that a hub-motor would be better for a Careera Vengeance. It would be cheaper, more reliable, have lower running costs and be more user-friendly.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It's mostly for dirt tracks on the moors. No road use. Could you recommend a good hub motor? The Carrera Vengeance is a 27.5 inch wheel. I did check out the 350w Yose Power Kit, but it was out of stock in the UK. I would really prefer a UK supplier with UK back-up. All the imported stuff seems a bit of a gamble. You're sort of on your own if anything breaks down.
By adding daft constraints to your project, you won't get the best solution, but I would have tyhought that the Woosh 48v SWX02 kit wouldbe more than adequate. For dirt tracks and moors, I'd have chosen a full suspension bike as a donor. The Vengeance is more suited to the road and light trails.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Why has he had his Op removed as it now means we have totally wasted our time and efforts in replying ?
We don't need posters like this on the forum as they are a waste of time, I tend to remember posters like this and in future will opt not to offer my advice to them.

Wulf_Van_Cleef

Just Joined
Dec 4, 2020
Why has he had his Op removed as it now means we have totally wasted our time and efforts in replying ?
We don't need posters like this on the forum as they are a waste of time, I tend to remember posters like this and in future will opt not to offer my advice to them.
Quite simply, I removed his post because I asked for simple, polite advice on here and some arse head came along and decided to flame. I don't know why people feel the need to do this.

I explained I was a newbie, and I was about to ask a series of silly and simple questions. I apologised for this in advance.

My original post took an hour to write. It was 800+ words. I spent time structuring my sentences as clearly and delicately as I could to avoid some elitist coming along and shooting down the new guy.
So in actual fact, it was me that wasted the most time.

Believe it or not, DIY e-bikes are a complicated subject for a newbie. You've probably forgotten this. I have already spent an entire week searching up and down the internet, trying to do my own research and crack the subject. I have hit wall after wall, and have received mockery, rudeness, conflicting advice and contradictions at every turn.

I do not fully understand electrics or electronics.
I have a painful disability, and was merely looking for help in getting electrical assistance so that I could enjoy cycling once again. I just want to fit a kit, get on my bike, and enjoy. But apparently, my bike isn't even good enough, and I require a double suspension bike which apparently need to be donated (or something).

You're right, you don't need posters like me coming along. You need experienced e-bikers to ask questions. Anyone else is clearly just going to get it in the neck.

So I will leave you all to it. I'm sure a beginner will be along again quite soon to ask some simple questions. And will no doubt have a series of "daft constraints" for the members to deal with.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
IIRC correctly I think you specced out a moped performance e-bike on the cheap. I think you need to look again at the basic specs performance wise, get some test rides of commonly available bikes local to you, and renew your research afresh.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Bye then.
I saw nothing much wrong with any of the replies.
It is simply bad manners deleting a thread that others had taken their time to constructively give replies to, only to find the poster has simply deleted it.
If coming on to a forum one needs to learn to grow a thicker skin and to constructively come back at those you feel were being arsy.

We help many a newbie with simple questions and offer advice (be it sometimes contrary as often they set their heights to high) but few have a bee in there bonnet or have a chip on their shoulder as an excuse for bad manners.

Swizz

Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2017
Sk14
"...If coming on to a forum one needs to learn to grow a thicker skin and to constructively come back at those you feel were being arsy."

So what next? Wear a cycle helmet before posting?

• :D
Reactions: POLLY