Adult trike - choice of trike - choice of conversion

glerwill

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 19, 2013
.hi, I am looking to choose an adult trike for my wife for exercise and mobility.

Please may I ask for trike suggestions and why you would choose them?

Please may I ask for front and mid ebike conversion choices and why?

Rgds

Graham

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Reactions: glerwill

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Have built both a front wheel is simple and cheaper to do
Mid drive is hard work:oops: and provides to much drive power , and requires a rear differential in the tricycle or the power delivery is through just one rear wheel:eek:
With any tri wheel build think less about speed 5-8mph is fast when cornering ,the min wheel size for stability is 20 inches and remember a lower step thru is easier to get on or off

Reactions: glerwill

glerwill

Oct 19, 2013
I eventually bought the cheapest trike on amazon UK- 199 - single gear, with expectation of replacing various cycle parts.

The trike is effectively a mfr conversion with a bike frame and bolt on axle - but bolts and cutouts done for you....

glerwill

Oct 19, 2013

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon

Any suggestions on a very wide very comfortable seat?
Be very careful with that. They topple very easily as you'll probably find out. 20" wheels are much safer because of the lower centre of gravity. Whatever electric kit you fit needs to be as close to the ground as possible.

glerwill

Oct 19, 2013
Be very careful with that. They topple very easily as you'll probably find out. 20" wheels are much safer because of the lower centre of gravity. Whatever electric kit you fit needs to be as close to the ground as possible.
Fair comment, didn't feel very stable to start with - takes a bit if getting used to. Understood on wheel size

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Fair comment, didn't feel very stable to start with - takes a bit if getting used to. Understood on wheel size
The biggest danger is when you get a bit of speed, like when you're going downhill, then one of the back wheels hits a bump. Also they topple just because of steering, but you soon learn to lean in during turning to counter that.