Advice for pedelec Virgin

essexman

Pedelecer
Dec 17, 2007
cb11
Hi All,

I'm about to buy a new electric bike, i've been waiting a while and the arrival of the Agattu has finally delivered what i want. Plus the two very positive reviews (cheers Flecc and A2B).

I've got 5 questions:
-I need a mirror for the sit up and beg style handlebars, I've used bar end mirrors on other bikes but i'm no sure what would work on this. Suggestions please.
-I need a really big (no massive!) single pannier (to be offset by weight of childs buggy on otherside). Feature desirables include a shoulder strap. Its for shopping etc...
-Security 1: Any recomendations for insurance?
-Security 2: Any recomendations on locking the thing up in a town?
-Finally anyone have any experience with a bobike mini front mounted child seat on this shape of bike?

Cheers All

Chris

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2007
Hi All,

I'm about to buy a new electric bike, i've been waiting a while and the arrival of the Agattu has finally delivered what i want. Plus the two very positive reviews (cheers Flecc and A2B).

I've got 5 questions:
-I need a mirror for the sit up and beg style handlebars, I've used bar end mirrors on other bikes but i'm no sure what would work on this. Suggestions please.
-I need a really big (no massive!) single pannier (to be offset by weight of childs buggy on otherside). Feature desirables include a shoulder strap. Its for shopping etc...
-Security 1: Any recomendations for insurance?
-Security 2: Any recomendations on locking the thing up in a town?
-Finally anyone have any experience with a bobike mini front mounted child seat on this shape of bike?

Cheers All
Hello-re 1) insurance-first check your household policy,you may well find that you are already covered;if not, phone them for a quote as it may be cheaper to add to an existing policy rather than taking out a "bike only policy".
Hope this helps
Chris

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Bar end mirrors do work on this sort of handlebar, I used a Cateye bar end type on my Lafree with very similar bars for some years. The insertion boss sometimes needs filing a bit smaller to fit in on some thicker bars.

This 500g model works best, the 300g doesn't have enough angle adjustment.

Sorry I haven't any experience of shoulder strap panniers or child seats.

The Agattu has an Abus wheel lock, but it's best to double up by using a good D lock or very heavy chain lock as well. Bike thefts are a quick operation, and double locking is a very good deterrent.

Last edited: