Advice needed - Ezee li-polymer dead after 6 mths

themutiny

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2009
Hi
I went for a cycle today, and my li-poly just died onme. It didn't die in the way my previous li-ion died. It's as though it has the power, it just can't deliver the necessary current. Forgive me 4 putting it so ineloquently but I don't know how else to describe it. The motor will run fine on no load, but when I get on the bike it will start flickering up and down the LEDs like a thing possessed (within a few hundred yards). Ease off the throttle and it wil respond, but within a mile or so, the assist becomes very intermittent, more off than on. I know it's not the bike, because my 18mth old Phylion still works fine. I don't know for certain, but I would estimate it has had between 100-130 charges. It was thoroughly conditioned, and has never been stressed or completely discharged (unlike the phylion, which was bought b4 I fully appreciated these matters).

The thing is, I bought it from Cyclepoint, who,I suspect will not want to know. So who should I contact? Onbike or Wai Won ?
Any advice most gratefully receiv

PS. Its 7 months, not 6.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Although it's Cyclepoint's legal responsibility, approaching them I know cannot get a resolution, so I think you should first have a word with Onbike to see if they will represent your interests since the battery is clearly faulty. If they feel unable to do that, then go direct to Wai Won Ching and explain the situation.

prState

Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada
I don't know how many charges I have on my Ezee Li-poly, but I've racked up 1821.9 miles so far. (probably closer to 1900 as I've forgotten to attach my odometer every once in awhile)