Advice needed for conversion...

StuartBB

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 24, 2018
Hi, I have a Carrera Centos mountain bike which is a bout 6 tears old now (love the bike) and I wish to convert it to battery powered, can anyone please advise me which sort of battery/conversion kit may suit the bike? and are there individuals in the South West UK who may be able to fit the battery kit for me? Thanks, Stuart

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I was novice to electric conversions and decided on Woosh.
http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?hubkits
They do a variety of kits and will help you decide which one is most suitable for your kind of riding. Going for a kit first time may be a little more than buying separate parts, but you will know it all fits together properly.

I can't make suggestions about people for fitting. Not at all hard to do yourself if you are used to doing your own bike work.

CreativeSource

Pedelecer
Mar 2, 2017
Poole Dorset
Hi, I have a Carrera Centos mountain bike which is a bout 6 tears old now (love the bike) and I wish to convert it to battery powered, can anyone please advise me which sort of battery/conversion kit may suit the bike? and are there individuals in the South West UK who may be able to fit the battery kit for me? Thanks, Stuart
Where about's in the South West are you Stuart?

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
A bbso1 conversion is a diy possibility check out you tube vids or the luna cycles website or woosh bikes mid drive kit

Sylvester

Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2015
Epsom, Surrey
I fitted a Woosh BBS01 kit to my old mountain bike about 3 years ago. It has been trouble-free and Woosh were very supportive. Only trouble is some of the cables are too long so look a bit untidy - I intend to shorten them. Not a criticism - better too long than too short.

StuartBB

Aug 24, 2018
I was novice to electric conversions and decided on Woosh.
http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?hubkits
They do a variety of kits and will help you decide which one is most suitable for your kind of riding. Going for a kit first time may be a little more than buying separate parts, but you will know it all fits together properly.

I can't make suggestions about people for fitting. Not at all hard to do yourself if you are used to doing your own bike work.
Hi- thanks, I will take a look!

StuartBB

Aug 24, 2018
I fitted a Woosh BBS01 kit to my old mountain bike about 3 years ago. It has been trouble-free and Woosh were very supportive. Only trouble is some of the cables are too long so look a bit untidy - I intend to shorten them. Not a criticism - better too long than too short.
Thanks, I will!

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Hi Stuart,
Here's a link to my crossfire conversion to illustrate some of the issues you may come across.
http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/converting-a-carrera-crossfire3.21965/
I went front hub, found it easy and am still loving it.
I live in S.W. Wales and would be happy to help (if you fancy a weekend away). It can take 7 or 8 hours with fettling, so it's not a one day thing. Also there's almost bound to be something that needs fabricating. Normally nothing beyond garden shed engineering though.

Reactions: Deus

StuartBB

Aug 24, 2018
Hi Stuart,
Here's a link to my crossfire conversion to illustrate some of the issues you may come across.
http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/converting-a-carrera-crossfire3.21965/
I went front hub, found it easy and am still loving it.
I live in S.W. Wales and would be happy to help (if you fancy a weekend away). It can take 7 or 8 hours with fettling, so it's not a one day thing. Also there's almost bound to be something that needs fabricating. Normally nothing beyond garden shed engineering though.
Thanks, I am not sure I have the skill or confidence to fit it myself, I was thinking once I had purchased a kit I will find a professional to fit it all..Thank you for your very kind offer!

StuartBB

Aug 24, 2018
Hi Mike, I purchased a kit from Woosh bikes and had it fitted locally. I did not have the confidence to do properly myself but all has ended up good!!! Thanks for asking,,,Stuart

Reactions: jeff St.Clair

Taffspeed

Just Joined
Nov 11, 2018
Hi Mike, I purchased a kit from Woosh bikes and had it fitted locally. I did not have the confidence to do properly myself but all has ended up good!!! Thanks for asking,,,Stuart
Hi Stuart
Thanks for your reply, can I ask how much the company charged to fit it ?

Cheers

Mike

StuartBB

Aug 24, 2018
Hi Mike, I was initially quoted £100 but the bike needed further adjusting, they had trouble fixing the battery to the frame, needed another pedal sensor as the one provided was not compatible, and had to adjust axle length and a few further bits, so total came to just under £200.

StuartBB

Aug 24, 2018
Hi Stuart
Thanks for your reply, can I ask how much the company charged to fit it ?

Cheers

Mike
Hi Mike, I was initially quoted £100 but the bike needed further adjusting, they had trouble fixing the battery to the frame, needed another pedal sensor as the one provided was not compatible, and had to adjust axle length and a few further bits, so total came to just under £200.