Aesthetics?

C

Cyclezee

I spotted this on a well known auction site;) Somebody has clearly spent time and effort creating this kit bike, but just look at the wiring:eek: It might not have looked quite so bad against a black frame.

Less Than Discreet.jpg

J:) hn

frank9755

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 19, 2007
London
Those white cable ties would show up beautifully on a black frame!

John - were you shopping for a new bike by any chance?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I also think it looks very messy, but some like what they perceive as a technical look and like all the works to
show. The Pompidou Centre and the Lloyds London building spring to mind as examples of that, and then there's
the computer cases with side windows and illumination to show the tangle of wiring and components inside.

There's probably a market out there for hub motors with acrylic hubshells. :rolleyes:

C

Cyclezee

I also think it looks very messy, but some like what they perceive as a technical look and like all the works to
show. The Pompidou Centre and the Lloyds London building spring to mind as examples of that, and then there's
the computer cases with side windows and illumination to show the tangle of wiring and components inside.

There's probably a market out there for hub motors with acrylic hubshells. :rolleyes:
Vive la différence eh Flecc, but to my eye it's plain ugly:eek:

J:rolleyes: hn

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
Prime candidate for passing the wires through the frame, methinks.

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
Possibly, I have been coveting underframe blacklights* myself. :)

* I know they are not real blacklights, nobody would see the proper ones so I want the bling pretenders.

roguesolo

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 11, 2009
B32
The cabling could be a lot worse. As an IT Engineer I've certainly seen horrendous spaghetti in patch panels.

Still, if it works, fair plays to the bike builder :)

The Maestro

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2008
Yep almost definately the Alien kit. I guess thats what you get if you fit both the electric cut-off brakes and the charge meter. Personally I'd just have the Throttle going to the front and maybe one brake lever because the thumb throttles can stick in the on position.

frank9755

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 19, 2007
London
That's right - the main problem is too many wires. Charge meters are of marginal value, and the brake cut-outs could be joined at the front, saving another wire on the crossbar.

The other problem is too many cable ties! It didn't need that many.