Agattu rear sprocket

zammo

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 18, 2007
Any recommendations where I can get a new rear sprocket for my Agattu which arrived today? An online retailer would be best...

The Agattu is no-doubt a great bike but the assistance tail-off is a bit more than I'm used to (Ezee Sprint) and the bike seems less fast on my commute. Am I right in thinking an 18-tooth would be about right? I live in London and my commute is flat with no hills.

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Any recommendations where I can get a new rear sprocket for my Agattu which arrived today? An online retailer would be best...

The Agattu is no-doubt a great bike but the assistance tail-off is a bit more than I'm used to (Ezee Sprint) and the bike seems less fast on my commute. Am I right in thinking an 18-tooth would be about right? I live in London and my commute is flat with no hills.
Hi Zammo, we sell them!

If you can hang on a day or so, I'll add them to our accessories page. Why didn't I think of this before?!:confused:

I think we can do one for £5 inc. shipping, thereby saving you 19 pence. I will check with workshop though...

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
An 18 tooth is a good choice to increase the limit of any power assist to cut-off at nearly 18 mph, but it does reduce the range a bit since the motor is working over a larger range of speeds.

zammo

Jan 18, 2007
thanks

Thanks Flecc,

Do you know if the one in the link is the right one? It's only £5 but it would be a waste of time getting the wrong one - or do you have a link to somewhere you've bought them from before?

Thank you.

stokepa31_mk2

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 7, 2008
Hi Zammo

I posted this link originally and it is the correct sprocket. The actual picture is incorrect as its of the 8 speed nexus sprocket but you will receive the 7 speed version.

zammo

Jan 18, 2007
thank you

All,

Thank you - I have ordered from the website link posted by stokepa31_mk2.

I think adding the sprockets to the 50cycles accessories section is long-overdue! The next Agattu customers will appreciate it.

Thanks to all for the responses.

Z.