Agattu Two

C

Cyclezee

No don't panic, it's not a new model:eek: I just picked up my 53cm diamond frame Agattu from 50cycles this morning:D so my wife has got a new bike, my wave frame Agattu:rolleyes:

John:)

essexman

Pedelecer
Dec 17, 2007
cb11
No don't panic, it's not a new model:eek: I just picked up my 53cm diamond frame Agattu from 50cycles this morning:D so my wife has got a new bike, my wave frame Agattu:rolleyes:

Good job! I keep trying to get my wife on my Agattu, but she's quite suspect of it. It will be great when we have one each though.

SimonHutt

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2007
Cheshire, WA4
[QUOTE...53cm diamond frame Agattu ...[/QUOTE]

Good news indeed - as a matter of interest, would you mind saying when you ordered yours? Might give me an idea of where I am in the order queue.

Simon

C

Cyclezee

[QUOTE...53cm diamond frame Agattu ...
Good news indeed - as a matter of interest, would you mind saying when you ordered yours? Might give me an idea of where I am in the order queue.

Simon[/quote]

Simon
I ordered mine on 30/01/2008.

John

C

Cyclezee

My wife and I went to a local forest which has 5 mile cycle track with our Agattus this morning and did a couple of laps. The bikes got a lot of attention from the many cyclists there when we stopped at a cafe.

The riding posture of the diamond frame is a bit more sporting than the relaxed upright position on the wave, I wasn't sure about the handlebars at first, but after a few miles I really like them. My wife really likes the wave frame and finds it very comfortable, not too dissimilar to her old Giant Lafree.
One thing I intend to change is the rear sprocket for a smaller one. I find that I never use 1st or 2nd, so I might go for a 19 tooth one.

So far both bikes get 10 out of 10.

John:) :)

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
My wife and I went to a local forest which has 5 mile cycle track with our Agattus this morning and did a couple of laps. The bikes got a lot of attention from the many cyclists there when we stopped at a cafe.

The riding posture of the diamond frame is a bit more sporting than the relaxed upright position on the wave, I wasn't sure about the handlebars at first, but after a few miles I really like them. My wife really likes the wave frame and finds it very comfortable, not too dissimilar to her old Giant Lafree.
One thing I intend to change is the rear sprocket for a smaller one. I find that I never use 1st or 2nd, so I might go for a 19 tooth one.

So far both bikes get 10 out of 10.

John:) :)
Great to hear you are both enjoying your bikes. I have yet to convince my wife to go for the e-bike option.. Then there's our 4 year old.. What about a toddler Wave?

bw
musicbooks

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Great to hear you are both enjoying your bikes. I have yet to convince my wife to go for the e-bike option.. Then there's our 4 year old.. What about a toddler Wave?

bw
musicbooks
Suggestion:

Pop the 4 year old in a trailer and hitch it to the wife's bike.

The e-bike option will suddenly seem to be to her liking. :D

C

Cyclezee

Suggestion:

Pop the 4 year old in a trailer and hitch it to the wife's bike.

The e-bike option will suddenly seem to be to her liking. :D
What a gent you are Flecc, the wife pulling the kids:cool: Not a bad idea now I come to think of it!
Can you get double trailer? Maybe I could convince my wife pulling our 30 and 28 year olds behind a bike would be good for her figure:eek:

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
Guess I should pull this one out again:

Just brilliant!

C

Cyclezee

Err Django, double yellows:eek: Did the kids get a ticket:p

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Your two side by side Django, and here's a pair in line piloting their space capsule. :D

Tanjor Trailer.jpg

essexman

Pedelecer
Dec 17, 2007
cb11
Thats awesome! Flecc. Is that for sale?

PS Musicbooks. If your boys 4 he needs to pedal his own way! Put him on a tag-a-long and get him to help. 4 year olds have so much energy theyre as good as an extra battery! I think theres a link to a ctc thread with a lot of discussion on how to move kids on my blog somewhere.

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
Thats awesome! Flecc. Is that for sale?

PS Musicbooks. If your boys 4 he needs to pedal his own way! Put him on a tag-a-long and get him to help. 4 year olds have so much energy theyre as good as an extra battery! I think theres a link to a ctc thread with a lot of discussion on how to move kids on my blog somewhere.
Thanks Essexman,
My daughter has so much energy, I might go in the tagalong and she can pull me up the bloody hills of Bath!:D
bw
musicbooks