Agattu update

Citrus

Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2007
Hi all,

I now have about 200 miles clocked-up on my Agattu since the 24th December. My early findings with the bike are similar to flecc's. Great for hill climbing, brilliant battery life (if you put in a bit of effort). The most impressive thing for me about the bike is not the electric motor - excellent though it is- but how easy it is to use as a normal bike with no motor power.
An example was yesterday. I did a 10.25 mile run in 40 minutes - 13.5 miles an hour - and the battery still had 4 out of 5 LEDS showing and all 3 LEDS on the handlebar display. A 250 foot drop and 250 foot back up again in freezing rain and wind. And although I am fit, I am 20 kilos overweight - hence the reason for the Agattu - or in my case the Aguttu.

I have changed the seatpost from a spung one to a lightweight non-sprung post and the seat is now a padded slim-line model. The pedals have been changes to Shimano SPD pedals (clip-ins) and I have a rather nice pair of lightweight panniers. I have a very nice VDO A8+ wireless computer which needed some adjustment to give an accurate reading. I will post some pics and links to where I bought the stuff later.

Regards

Citrus

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks for the update Citrus, I'm glad you're enjoying the bike, it really is good.

You'll get even more enjoyment when the weather improves, and the battery will appreciate a bit more warmth too.