Age 62. My wife & I purchased a couple of Kalkoff's a few years ago I'm on my second

GrahamT

Just Joined
Mar 23, 2016
Can anyone provide advice. I'm on my second Kalkoff pedelec, it's a Endeavour purchased at no small expense two years ago. I've already had the motor changed once; there was an intermittent fault with the torque sensor & apparently its easier to change the whole system. I use the bike extensively on winter touring holidays in Spain. Just finished a long ride and again the bike appears to developed the same fault? No matter how hard i press the pedals or adjust the power settings I get no motor support, then all of a sudden I get burst of power that quickly fades away. The bike is serviced by the Kalkoff dealer in the U.K. Before I start another rant with the dealer has anyone had similar problems & more importantly found an answer?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The only answer is back to the supplier for a new unit to be fitted, and it can happen more than once on the same bike.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

pamdo

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 1, 2017
France
I'm on my third motor on an Agattu 360 HS! The last one is supposed to be a new generation but it is already making the same noises and intermittent power cut out after just 500kms. Shame as I love the bike otherwise but I think I'll sell it and get a Bosch system next time. Dealer (Cycles Chedaleux) has been great but I think they cringe when they see me now!

• Informative

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
Going back ten years,there was a huge problem with batteries,from one of at the time,best rated and fastest ebikes,the sole uk seller washed there hands of any responsibillity,and pointed the finger at the manufacturer.if an electric bike is not capable of getting you around,at less than six months old the seller should attempt to repair or replace the bike,and if a repair is not satisfactory a refund should be given,read your rights and do not be fobbed off.

• Agree