Woosh AIKEMA 85SXC 36V 250W REAR HUB KIT

hjd10

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 17, 2020
Quick update, my 36V hub kit arrived earlier this month and I've fitted it to my touring/commuting bike. Initially, I had a connection issue as it was displaying fault code 30 (there was a bent pin on the controller/main wiring loom, Woosh were quick to reply to my questions but I managed to find the fault).
Additionally, I've made the setup internal wiring, the frame on wasn't very expensive, I'll keep monitoring it in case of any issues.

Thoughts/info so far.
1 I've managed 50 miles already with charge still left in the battery, this was a mix of max assistance and a few steep hills.
2 It doesn't feel quite the same as the 48v kit I had on the bike before, the top end was higher with that and I guess the mileage will be slightly reduced on this one.
3. The pedal assist is much nicer to use than a throttle assist. I've bodged up the hollowtech pedal assist as the magnetic wheel wouldn't attach to the crankset with the bolts, Araldite has sorted it for now! (The aircraft techie in me doesn't feel happy but we'll see how it goes).
4. The Woosh kits look much better on the bike with the controller in the battery base, it feels like a sorted setup.
5 The factory wheel isn't the straightest I've seen, I really thought factory-built wheels were getting much better? I'll tackle this soon as I'll probably swop the wheel with the one from the other kit (Same hub different rim and spokes, but they will match the existing front wheel on the bike).
6 I feel for what it is the setup is very good and for the money, I don't think there was a better way to add electric to the bike. The fact that spares are easy to get and not expensive is another plus.

Cheers

Howie

Attachments

Reactions: marc4242

fisha

Just Joined
Mar 24, 2020
I'm very interested in a similar kit to this.

How are you finding the setup now?
How has the hub / wheel held up through the last few months ?
What sort of range would you say you get on average?

D

Deleted member 33385

Quick update, my 36V hub kit arrived earlier this month and I've fitted it to my touring/commuting bike. Initially, I had a connection issue as it was displaying fault code 30 (there was a bent pin on the controller/main wiring loom, Woosh were quick to reply to my questions but I managed to find the fault).
Additionally, I've made the setup internal wiring, the frame on wasn't very expensive, I'll keep monitoring it in case of any issues.

Thoughts/info so far.
1 I've managed 50 miles already with charge still left in the battery, this was a mix of max assistance and a few steep hills.
2 It doesn't feel quite the same as the 48v kit I had on the bike before, the top end was higher with that and I guess the mileage will be slightly reduced on this one.
3. The pedal assist is much nicer to use than a throttle assist. I've bodged up the hollowtech pedal assist as the magnetic wheel wouldn't attach to the crankset with the bolts, Araldite has sorted it for now! (The aircraft techie in me doesn't feel happy but we'll see how it goes).
4. The Woosh kits look much better on the bike with the controller in the battery base, it feels like a sorted setup.
5 The factory wheel isn't the straightest I've seen, I really thought factory-built wheels were getting much better? I'll tackle this soon as I'll probably swop the wheel with the one from the other kit (Same hub different rim and spokes, but they will match the existing front wheel on the bike).
6 I feel for what it is the setup is very good and for the money, I don't think there was a better way to add electric to the bike. The fact that spares are easy to get and not expensive is another plus.

Cheers

Howie
Have you noticed a lot of unpowered rolling resistance?

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
I have this motor on my bike, albeit with a different controller / battery. I would say the motor is very quiet and resistance is very little (unnoticeable). I’ve completed over 1000 miles and am very happy with it.

Reactions: pentiumofborg

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I'm very interested in a similar kit to this.

How are you finding the setup now?
How has the hub / wheel held up through the last few months ?
What sort of range would you say you get on average?
In case you don't know, range has very little relationship between the type of motor or kit, except that there is a direct relationship between battery capacity and range.

The main factors that affect range in order of influence are:
1. How hard you pedal
2. What you set the assist power/speed to
3. How fast you ride
4. Your weight
5. The amount of hills you encounter in your rides
6. the mechanical state of your bike (tyre presures and brakes binding)

Reactions: pentiumofborg
D

Deleted member 33385

5 The factory wheel isn't the straightest I've seen
How bad is it? Is it so bad that you can't fix wobbles by adjusting spoke tension?

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the rim is only visually inspected before shipping.
If you have rim brakes, it will be necessary to check the rim again to see it still runs true after a week or two. You can use the brake wear indicator line as a guide. Tolerance is +/- 1mm.
If anyone is worried about it, just ask for the rim to be double-checked when ordering. I'll do that for you.

Last edited: