Airzound

C

Cyclezee

I can vouch for that Frank, just to add the volume is adjustable, at full volume they would waken the dead:eek:

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
I found them a bit disappointing, on busy roads they got ignored and in quiet parks they are likely to give pedestrians heart attacks.
They can't be well secured to a bike but are slightly fiddly to remove and bulky to carry, that lead to me leaving it on the bike and it's subsequent theft.
I'm not considering replacing it.

Riding defensively is much more likely to prevent an impact than relying on someone hearing a horn and then acting on it.

Last edited:

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Living in a small town, with most of my fellow cyclepath users being neighbours.... and not wanting to risk being banned from my local.....I think I will stick to my bell

Discretion being the better part of valour :D

Lynda :)

WALKERMAN

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2008
I bought one a few years ago. I used it when a car turned sharp left in front of me and he nearly went of the road. Also used it at a taxi driver with his car parked over the cycle lane and he went off it sounding his horn repeatedly as I disappeared down the road. He had been waiting for some one and was reclined back in his seat. When I hit the horn his head almost went through the roof of the car. I decided that it wasn't worth upsetting people so removed the horn and now I try to ride with awareness and keep out of trouble.
The horn also affected the bike stability slightly in strong winds.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
The bell makes some pedestrians jump, so God knows what this thing would do...heart attack?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I got rid of my Airzound for the same reasons, didn't get through to vehicle drivers in noisy traffic conditions but far too loud to use on pedestrians.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I got rid of my Airzound for the same reasons, didn't get through to vehicle drivers in noisy traffic conditions but far too loud to use on pedestrians.
punching the roof of their car far more effective.......