ALERT Wisper Bikes Break in.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
On Saturday night at 10.30 we were attacked and broken into by thieves using angle grinder and chain saw!!!

The thieves got away with six bikes, five red 806 folding bikes and a black 905.

Happily the bikes were stolen without batteries or chargers!! :0)

So...

If anyone is offered a Wisper folder or crossbar in unusual circumstances or any dealer reading this is asked for batteries and chargers alone please contact me on 07733226906.

We have good video recordings of the gang, 5 hooded yobos and two vans! However the police don't seem to be that interested!

Many thanks, David

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
sorry to hear that.
I'll keep an eye out for your bikes without battery.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Typical state of policing today, successive government's have bought them down to bare bones with funding cuts, when last did you see a plod out and about except in vehicle.
The attitude now is insurance will cover it !!!

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
their clearance rate on thefts is about 5% (one in twenty). Apparently, before a robber is brought to Court, police usually ask him to check a list of unsolved robberies and encourage him to admit to all the ones he can remember, even those he is not 100% sure. One arrest can thus clear hundreds of robberies.
I shudder to think what is the probability of getting your goods back.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Typical state of policing today, successive government's have bought them down to bare bones with funding cuts, when last did you see a plod out and about except in vehicle.
The attitude now is insurance will cover it !!!
It's not that at all. Did you see how many police were at Tommy Robinson's trial for live streaming on his mobile phone. Count Dankula was arrested and fined for making a joke on YouTube and a woman was arrested and spent all day in jail for telling a bloke that he was a bloke because he had a penis.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It's not that at all. Did you see how many police were at Tommy Robinson's trial for live streaming on his mobile phone. Count Dankula was arrested and fined for making a joke on YouTube and a woman was arrested and spent all day in jail for telling a bloke that he was a bloke because he had a penis.
You just proved it is that, as Neal said.

Your examples are what the police are reduced to in order to maintain some conviction figures, the soft touches that are easy to convict with a minimum of work. Geriatric paedophiles are another easy target guaranteed being found guilty, benefit fraudsters another easy option.

Thefts like burglaries and street muggings are far too difficult to detect with inadequate manpower and thieves identities often even more difficult to prove.

David you have my sympathy .
We also have been attacked and broken into by thieves twice in Athens - Greece !
The thieves prefers the folding bikes because they are easily shipped even abroad.
In our occasion the bikes were transferred from Athens to Tirana Albania and were sold in the street market. We discovered that when they unsuccessfully tried to activate a stolen and now blocked Gocycle G3.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You just proved it is that, as Neal said.

Your examples are what the police are reduced to in order to maintain some conviction figures, the soft touches that are easy to convict with a minimum of work. Geriatric paedophiles are another easy target guaranteed being found guilty, benefit fraudsters another easy option.

Thefts like burglaries and street muggings are far too difficult to detect with inadequate manpower and thieves identities often even more difficult to prove.
I think you misunderstand. No police were needed for Tommy Robinson's arrest for using his phone, but literally hundreds were needed for each of his seven court appearances for the same "offence", and now at the protests that his followers are holding every week in protest to his unfair conviction. Somebody calculated that the policing of his last court appearance alone cost £100,000. Those 100 odd policemen and all their support services could have been used to fight real crime. I reckon that the policing of all his court appearances for that one "offence" that wasn't actually an offence must have come to £1 million, and now another million to police all the protests. There's going to be one in Manchester on Saturday and another big one in London on 4th Aug. I guess these will go on until he's free again like last time.

See how many police you can count. Don't forget all the ones in plain clothes that you can't see. This is for a guy live-streaming on his iPhone.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: flecc
D

Deleted member 25121

I think you misunderstand. No police were needed for Tommy Robinson's arrest for using his phone, but literally hundreds were needed for each of his seven court appearances for the same "offence", and now at the protests that his followers are holding every week in protest to his unfair conviction. Somebody calculated that the policing of his last court appearance alone cost £100,000.
Wasn't he found guilty? In which case the police resources are having to be squandered in upholding the law. People should obey the law and free up the police to address those who choose not to.

D

Deleted member 25121

That's really tough David, I'm very sorry to hear about that.

I hope you are asking people looking for replacement batteries for the serial number of their bikes or old battery. Bosch battery packs have encoded serial numbers and I'm wondering if they do that to help cut down on theft, maybe they only issue a replacement if the original is found to be genuine by themselves or their dealers (I've no idea)?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Wasn't he found guilty? In which case the police resources are having to be squandered in upholding the law. People should obey the law and free up the police to address those who choose not to.
Guilty without a trial and without a jury, then acquitted, then retried, still no jury. Read the transcript and see if you agree with anything the judge said. They made it up as they went along. No jury would have found him guilty. Even if he was guilty, is it worth spending at least 2 million on an offence of live-streaming on an iPhone, where nobody got hurt and nobody suffered any loss or consequence, when people's houses are getting robbed, people are getting stabbed every day and people's livelihoods are getting ruined by thieves that know they'll never get caught.

D

Deleted member 25121

Guilty without a trial and without a jury, then acquitted, then retried, still no jury. Read the transcript and see if you agree with anything the judge said. They made it up as they went along. No jury would have found him guilty. Even if he was guilty, is it worth spending at least 2 million on an offence of live-streaming on an iPhone, where nobody got hurt and nobody suffered any loss or consequence, when people's houses are getting robbed, people are getting stabbed every day and people's livelihoods are getting ruined by thieves that know they'll never get caught.
Our legal system found him guilty. He was guilty under the eyes of the law.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Our legal system found him guilty. He was guilty under the eyes of the law.
It also found him not guilty under the eyes of the law, and no doubt in the future, it'll find him not guilty again. Anyway, as I said, that's not the point. Should the police waste £2 million on a crime where nobody was hurt and nobody suffered any loss or consequence? If you're so concerned about upholding the law, wouldn't that money be better spent on tracking down the perpetrators of the attack on Wisper?

900 officers in London work in a dedicated hate crime unit because hurting people's feelings on Twitter is more important than guys getting stabbed and robbed. The Met Police made a statement in which they said that they had de-prioritised burglaries and robberies, and that those crimes are not likely to be investigated.

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
That's really tough David, I'm very sorry to hear about that.

I hope you are asking people looking for replacement batteries for the serial number of their bikes or old battery. Bosch battery packs have encoded serial numbers and I'm wondering if they do that to help cut down on theft, maybe they only issue a replacement if the original is found to be genuine by themselves or their dealers (I've no idea)?
Thanks Ebiker, yes we do have serial numbers and will only (for the next few months) sell batteries to people with receipts for bikes and an image of the frame serial number.

All the best, David

Last edited:
Reactions: ebiker99

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
How long before somebody offers images of frame serial numbers on ebay?

Along with the others, sad about your loss and good that you are doing your best to do something about it (even if the police won't).

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
That's a very good point sjpt, hence our insisting on the original invoice too. We would also take it up with the dealer who supplied the bike. I know it's not fool proof, but it's the best we can do.

All the best, David

al.b

Pedelecer
Feb 14, 2018
lancashire
Really sorry to hear about the break-in David. Sounds like a targeted attack, the Police are a bit of joke at the moment yes they are short of resources that's for sure, wonder how many Boris bikes have been stolen in London!!

Reactions: Wisper Bikes