Alone Or With Others?

nigel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2006
I always go out on my own to the shops might be because i am single:D still dont see many ebikers out and about though i do get quite a few questions about my kalkhoff :) Nigel.

Fecn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2008
Warlingham, Surrey
Theres a fabulous 'climb' out of Croydon to Warlingham (the coldest place on the planet too). My poor little moped needed all the help I could give it, from the pedels, to get up Sanderstead Hill. Not sure how the PB would handle it.
Wow.. Given the number of e-bikers who seem to cycle around Croydon/Sanderstead/Adddington/Warlingham, maybe we'll have to set up a club for weekend rides. I know some nice routes around here and would enjoy having some company.

Anyway.. back on topic... I'm probably split about 50/50 whether I'm alone or with company. Much of the time my companion is my 2-year old daughter sat behind me, but having just come back from a week in Portugal where my wife joined me for 35 miles of cycling, I'm hopeful I can get her along soon.

stranger

Pedelecer
Feb 7, 2009
New Forest. Hants.
I'm alright though, since my Q bike will climb the length of Sanderstead Hill and even Purley Downs Road from the Royal Oak Centre without help from me if I'm not in the mood for a workout.

Just open the throttle and sit back. :)
WOW! Even the Morris Minor used to balk at Sanderstead Hill. :rolleyes:

What's a Q bike. Sounds like just the sort of thing I need. :eek:

tenderbehind

Pedelecer
Oct 31, 2008
Whoever started this thread? Ah, Yes, Well, ... just watch it ...
I normally ride alone as not many of my friends/aquaintances are cyclists let alone e bikeists, there's just one and I've sort of given up on him, well, he always insists on merely going there and coming back again whereas I like to stop somewhere for a bite to eat, look around and relax, then go back.

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
It's a lonely experience for me to. But then commuting always was. I find the forum helps makes it less so and somehow make me feel less like a total eccentric (which I probably am :D ).