Am I a tart?

nashdm2

Pedelecer
Jun 26, 2014
Hey Martin, what model is that, it looks really nice? I guess its the transit custom sport, but, has it had a special kit added as the lower end at the front looks different?

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
When the Japanese Fuji Bank had a presence in London in the 1980s they had FUJ 1 on a big, black Merc.

For reasons I will not bore you with, I was once in the company of one of their executives and the subject of the plate came up.

"We got the plate for a very good price," said the Japanese banker.

"When we were buying it, we did not tell the seller we were Fuji Bank.

"We sent an Englishman to buy it with cash."

Dashed clever, these Japanese.

I wonder if the seller of Martin's plate knew what he did for a living.

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
Back in the eighties I was at the the Queen's birthday parade, Trooping the Colour.

Number plate on an official Pakistan embassy car was PAK 1 !!!

True story, don't think it would happen nowadays however according to this link they still have it!

Reactions: Martin@e-bikeshop

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
Is that not illegal spacing on the number plate hang on doesn't martin sell and promote speed dongles as well .;);)

Reactions: Andrew K and flecc

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Is that not illegal spacing on the number plate hang on doesn't martin sell and promote speed dongles as well .;);)
You get a few warnings before you need to change it... And, you dont need to promote the dongles, I suspect its probably one of the first questions:p asked by most purchasers....

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
You get a few warnings before you need to change it... And, you dont need to promote the dongles, I suspect its probably one of the first questions:p asked by most purchasers....
Eh! o_O

You mean a prospective purchaser of a dongle will ask Martin, "Do you have an illegal car number plate?". :confused:

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Yes

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hey Martin, what model is that, it looks really nice? I guess its the transit custom sport, but, has it had a special kit added as the lower end at the front looks different?
Hi Sorry missed this one.
Yes you're right, Its a standard Transit Custom Sport model. Top of the range. No extra's.. Oh apart from it has a dongle fitted as I like to travel fast!

Reactions: VictoryV

nashdm2

Pedelecer
Jun 26, 2014
Thanks, understood, having looked again at the picture it looks like the standard sport kit, but with a few bits painted gloss that are usually matt black, but, if it standard then perhaps I am wrong. Either way, great looking van Martin!!!!