Ananda Motors

Phil the drill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2008
TR9
Hi

I recently came across the Ananda motors (sometimes badged as Cute) and have seen some discussion about them on the ES forum. Being a little curious I looked them up on their website and found some of their details, though they the usual very sketchy ones. I came across this site, however, advertising them Electric bike conversion kit description - on which it states that some of the models have a friction planetary drive - which I take to mean a similar drive system to the Tongxin nano. They appear to be of about the same light weight too. Anyone know if this is true and if so how they compare with the Tongxin motors?
On Ananda's web site I can't find any mention of friction final drive (as opposed to the usual geared final drive). I wondered if the web site listed above was in error as a result of translation problems, but they clearly state that there are two different versions, so I guess that must be the case?
Any one out there better informed?
Phil

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It is true. Several members have posted information about these Tongxin drive type alternatives. If you use this current search link in pedelecs you'll see the many informative posts about them, Andrew Harvey, emmissions-free and Daniel Weck in particular giving info.