Anderson adapter

dzhem

Pedelecer
May 13, 2021
Hello to everyone

I want to use this battery with this kit but I am really cunfused.

https://yosepower.com/collections/e-bike-battery/products/36v20ah-48v15ah-li-ion-battery

https://yosepower.com/collections/e-bike-conversion-kit/products/36v-250w-28-rear-motor-kit-for-freewheel

Yosepower said I might need an adapter like this, but they said they weren't sure..

Can someone explain what I need? Can you recommend me any product?

thank you..

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Nobody will know until your stuff arrives. I'd wait until you can see what you have. You will probably need something if you can't solder two wires together, but I wouldn't want to bet on which connectors you'd need.

Reactions: dzhem

dzhem

Pedelecer
May 13, 2021
Nobody will know until your stuff arrives. I'd wait until you can see what you have. You will probably need something if you can't solder two wires together, but I wouldn't want to bet on which connectors you'd need.
Thank you very much for your reply. So if I buy this kit and battery, can you help me? I want to handle it myself because of the cost, but I'm worried. I don't want to be alone with the kit and battery.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Thank you very much for your reply. So if I buy this kit and battery, can you help me? I want to handle it myself because of the cost, but I'm worried. I don't want to be alone with the kit and battery.
We're here to help, as we have been for many years.

When your kit arrives, take a photo of the connectors on the controller and the battery, then we can give you some choices of what to do to connect them up.

There are always minor snags when you install a kit, so if there's anything you're not sure of, just ask.

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Have you already ordered the kit? Either way, show us a picture of the bike you plan to fit it to. One of the whole bike, one of the bottom bracket from directly underneath and a close up of the gears at the back.

dzhem

Pedelecer
May 13, 2021
Have you already ordered the kit? Either way, show us a picture of the bike you plan to fit it to. One of the whole bike, one of the bottom bracket from directly underneath and a close up of the gears at the back.
I am grateful for your help. I haven't ordered the kit and battery yet. my bike giant escape 3 disc. They said my bike has a freewheel and a mechanical disc brake. They said it would be compatible. But is this kit compatible for me?

Attachments

dzhem

Pedelecer
May 13, 2021
I thought the gear levers at the front might not be compatible with the brake lever. Does it look like that?
Because the front brake levers and gear levers seem like a whole. :(

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
That kit will be fine for your bike. why don't you get a downtube type battery from Yose? That would probably solve the problem of connection.

the brakes won't work on your bike. the best solution is to get a hidden wire brake sensor. It would require some soldering to connect it.

Alternatively, upgrade your brakes to hydraulic ones with switches in. i think you can get a set for about £70 which would be a good investment.

dzhem

Pedelecer
May 13, 2021
That kit will be fine for your bike. why don't you get a downtube type battery from Yose? That would probably solve the problem of connection.

the brakes won't work on your bike. the best solution is to get a hidden wire brake sensor. It would require some soldering to connect it.

Alternatively, upgrade your brakes to hydraulic ones with switches in. I think you can get a set for about £70 which would be a good investment.
The long-range is important to me, but as you said, I can buy a different battery. I think my main problem is the brake and gear levers.

Unfortunately, I don't have the budget for a hydraulic brake. Is it difficult to install this hidden wire brake sensor? I think I can solder it.

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The long-range is important to me, but as you said, I can buy a different battery. I think my main problem is the brake and gear levers.

Unfortunately, I don't have the budget for a hydraulic brake. Is it difficult to install this hidden wire brake sensor? I think I can solder it.
Not difficult. All you have to do is join three wires in the right sequence and thread the cable through in the right direction. All you do is cut 2" off your outer somewhere and replace it with the sensor the right way round. You normally need a new inner because the frayed end won't pass through the outers.

dzhem

Pedelecer
May 13, 2021
Not difficult. All you have to do is join three wires in the right sequence and thread the cable through in the right direction. All you do is cut 2" off your outer somewhere and replace it with the sensor the right way round. You normally need a new inner because the frayed end won't pass through the outers.
I couldn't find the sensor you showed me, but I found this sensor from the brand I wanted to order the kit.

If you think they're suitable for my bike, these products will be my final decision. I will order.

thank you very much again.

(I'll find a way to connect the battery.)

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
That should all be OK. It's standard Yose stuff that many forum members have used. The brake sensor is fine, and if you're lucky, it'll be plug and play, otherwise ask how to wire it in. Note that the brake sensor has to be the right way round to work. The arrows in the picture could mean two things. I think it means the direction the cable has to travel when you pull the brake. I always test them first to see which way.

dzhem

Pedelecer
May 13, 2021
That should all be OK. It's standard Yose stuff that many forum members have used. The brake sensor is fine, and if you're lucky, it'll be plug and play, otherwise ask how to wire it in. Note that the brake sensor has to be the right way round to work. The arrows in the picture could mean two things. I think it means the direction the cable has to travel when you pull the brake. I always test them first to see which way.
Thanks for the advice. I will be ordering today. I hope everything goes well and that doesn't tire me too much.