Another Ebike conversion kit death

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you have a mini spot welder then one can make up a cell pack using quality cells like the 40t or p42a/p45b's . All rated for 25/30a and genuine high current cells, they still though need a 1s protection board for safety.

Problem is with buying 10 cells is the price at least a fiver a cell.

I have one of those cheap ultrafire cells , it cam with a torch I bought. The cell wrapper is an amazing one and indicates 9800mah which some unknowing gullible person would believe. The cell is amazing I charge it and the torch gives out amazing light and is super bright but after about 10- 15 mins use, it is as much use a chocolate fire guard.
I tested it from a lowly 3.15v and got about 810mah to a full charge, like all cheap over rated cells the chinese simply add a 0 to the mah rating to big them up. 980mah I likley the most it can ever see from 2.5v.

As with these AliExp bargains , if it looks to good a deal then it is and one shold pass GO without stopping.

Sep 13, 2020
I would never mess with the electrics on either my bike or any other, as I freely admit I just don't have the technical knowledge or expertise to do so. If anything needed doing I'd take it to a professional to do.

portals

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2022
I would never mess with the electrics on either my bike or any other, as I freely admit I just don't have the technical knowledge or expertise to do so. If anything needed doing I'd take it to a professional to do.
Sage words, the problem is though that there are too many people who know enough to get in to a fight and are keen however don't have the requisite knowledge to do it safely.

I did my degree decades ago in E&E Eng, did nothing with it in life bar DIY however past 7 yrs have got back in to it Raspeberry PIs for 3D printer and Arduinos for with slot cars making start light gantrys, timing boxes and addressable LEDs for track calls etc. - so much fun!

However I would baulk at doing any maintenance on my 52V 17.5Ah LG Hailong as I just don't have the experience and one mistake could be end up being fatal, just like I wouldn't try and fix the mains electricity board in flat or resolder a leaking gas pipe ;-)