Another Ezee Quando (Q) pretender?

bersh

Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2007
On Amazon there is a fold up electric for sale, with a 250w motor(brushless), 36v lithium battery, six gears, and best of all, weighs 48lbs with battery. The warranty is 5 years on frame, 6 months on battery. The wheels are twenty inch. While there are no lights, and the electronics are not described, the throttle appears to allow for use, independent of peddling. This very much describes Ezee Quando and Flecc's variant, the Q. The bicycle is labeled as manufactured by Wentz, and the model is "King Charles". But best of all is the price, a little under one thousand dollars.

Can anyone out there tell me about the manufacturer, Wentz?, Is this bike made in Shanghai and sold to a variety of middle men, like Wentz, who put their names on as manufacturers? I just now sent them an email asking for more technical details re: the battery. I'll report on their response.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It wont be as powerful as the Quando Bersh, as much as anything due to that 8.5 Ah NiMh battery. NiMh cells at manufacturing viable prices are rare these days and those common 8.5 Ah ones used here have a low maximum discharge rate which limits the power somewhat. Having the low gears will of course compensate to some extent for having less power of course, so you'd be able to climb the same hills but at a lower speed with you helping a bit more.

Once again it's rather low geared, the small chainwheel coupled with the 20" back wheel indicating that. Although probably a bit easier to pedal to 16 mph than the Quando, you'd still be spinning quite fast.

There are quite a number of these low price geared Chinese folders around and most are better priced than the Quando, but all are lower powered and have the same question marks about ongoing support for spares and batteries since they come and go under various names at bewildering frequency.

bersh

Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2007
Wentz's reply to my questions about their King Charles Model

The cost of a replacement battery $295. The Manufacturer is Hongdue in China. The Battery is a high capacity Lithium Ion and is 12ah. For dealer information, log onto www.electraped.com/dealers.html and click on Electraped Dealers. A Battery Charger is included in the price and ships with the bike. Battery Charging Time is 4-6 hours. Dimensions of the bike unfolded are: length = 56", width = 10" and height = 28". Folded, the length = 34". If you have any other questions, E-Mail me at spkappy@hotmail.com and thank for you interest in my bike.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The above email is from a representative of Wentz....

To Flecc and other respondents: ironically, when I went to send an email to a dealer in Delaware, asking about what services they provide, the email was returned to me as undeliverable. So even if this bike is almost identical to the Ezee Quando, finding anyone to help with problems has to be factored into the lower price...the Bersh

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
My answer was based on the link that secour provided, and I haven't a link for that 12 Ah li-ion batteried bike, so I can't express any opinion on it Bersh.

That support response doesn't seem promising, but support is a big problem with the majority of e-bikes, more so in the USA than in the UK where we are beginning to get a more widespread dealer network for some makes.