Another Wisper 905se Sport!

mwhome2003

Just Joined
Dec 18, 2009
Hello everyone. My first post after a long time lurking on this excellent forum, unfortunately it's to sell my beloved Wisper.

I guess my timing is a bit flawed as I notice someone else has just posted an ad for a similar 905se Sport here, but I thought I'd mention it here anyway before going to Ebay, as the bike gets such good press on this forum.

Anyway, a change of circumstances means I'm now ten minutes' walk from work, in a first floor flat with nowhere to put the bike, so I'm afraid it has to go. I bought it from Powarider (official Wisper dealer) in Woking in April 2009, just before the current model came out (with the Alex rims and improved battery information).

It's in excellent condition, rides beautifully and has been well looked after. I've used it solely for commuting and the odd shopping trip. A pretty accurate mileage estimate would be 1700 miles. Battery performance seems as good as new, I can do 30+ in stop/start London rush hour traffic, if I'm really lazy and have the throttle on all the time, or 45+ with a bit of effort and spare use of the throttle. This is par for the course for this bike, judging by what other people here have reported. I'm 16 and a half stone by the way, so you should get a bit more out of it if you're lighter than me.

I fitted Marathon Plus tyres after a few hundred miles, these still look almost new, I will also include the original tyres for spares, all the original accessories (most of which are as useful as a chocolate teapot), a spare inner tube, and a set of Wisper panniers (I had a rack fitted). The panniers are very nice but unfortunately the zip is broken on one of the side bags, though you can still clip it shut. The other two parts of it (the other side bag and the top bag) are completely unused. I also replaced the suspension seat post with a longer fixed one (I'm 6ft2") but will include both.

There are general signs of use - scuffs and scratches on the paintwork, and some wear on the pedal grips. Annoyingly, the battery security lock has jammed up. It worked when I bought the bike, but I didn't try it again until a few days ago (always charged it on the bike). I've noticed a few other Wisper owners mentioning the problem. Will do my best to free it up with some WD40. The throttle was playing up a bit in the cold weather before Xmas so I got a replacement from Wisper - of course it immediately started behaving itself again so I haven't fitted it, but will include it in the auction just in case.

I've taken lots of pictures of it, happy to email them to anyone along with a more detailed description of the bike. I'm in Brockley in SE London, the bike is a few miles away in a friend's garage in Eltham. Let me know if you'd like to come and have a look at it, or I can cycle over if you;re local. I don't mind delivering it in my car within a couple of hours' drive, but I won't be able to drive it round to various places for test rides. Obviously the buyer needs to try before buying though!

If you're reading this then you probably already have a good idea of what a great bike this is, and how supportive Wisper are (if not have a good look through these forums, there's plenty on it here), so I won't go into detail about the specs of the bike etc. All I'll say is that when the circumstances are right for me to get a electric bike again, Wisper will be top of the list.

I'm looking for £875 or very near offers. If I can't get that here or on Ebay I'll just mothball it at my parents until I get my country mansion and need it for touring the grounds!

Anyway, sorry for the lengthy message, thanks for reading
Matthew

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Ebays mad sometimes:p

eTim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 19, 2009
Andover, Hants.
Yes, I've seen used items go for more than you would pay new in the shops :rolleyes:

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
I have also seen people pull out after an auction, when they realise they got carried away and could buy the item new for less :mad:

Regards

Jerry