Another Yose

martx007

Pedelecer
Jul 25, 2008
Wigan, United Kingdom
Hi
thought I'd contribute again after a while now I'm commuting again :)
Donor bike was £200 off ebay,in great condition, just a few little scratches.
Kit is rear wheel Yose one off ebay.
Few issues I had/have were mainly self inflicted
Firstly read the size of the disk rotor off the front instead of rear so ended up with 180mm so had to run to Halfords for 160mm.
Secondly broke the PAS sensor trying to make it fit the BB which it was never going to do. BB shaft has a lip just before the frame and it just wouldn't fit so having to ride by blipping throttle and then pedaling .
Thirdly ran to Halfords again for large adjustable spanner to get the cassette lockring tight enough to stop cassette moving.
Fourth managed to find a shim for the rear wheel shaft as when tightening wheel nut the wheel then wouldn't spin.
Currently I ride half way and swap the 4ah battery round and I can stretch my back at same time. Will look longer term to combine but bag isn't big enough at the moment.
Done four journey's and safari so good.

Martin

Attachments

Neilgtis

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2022
South Yorkshire
Hi
Can’t you use this pas as it fits the outside
Neil

Bonzo Banana

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2019
Hi
thought I'd contribute again after a while now I'm commuting again :)
Donor bike was £200 off ebay,in great condition, just a few little scratches.
Kit is rear wheel Yose one off ebay.
Few issues I had/have were mainly self inflicted
Firstly read the size of the disk rotor off the front instead of rear so ended up with 180mm so had to run to Halfords for 160mm.
Secondly broke the PAS sensor trying to make it fit the BB which it was never going to do. BB shaft has a lip just before the frame and it just wouldn't fit so having to ride by blipping throttle and then pedaling .
Thirdly ran to Halfords again for large adjustable spanner to get the cassette lockring tight enough to stop cassette moving.
Fourth managed to find a shim for the rear wheel shaft as when tightening wheel nut the wheel then wouldn't spin.
Currently I ride half way and swap the 4ah battery round and I can stretch my back at same time. Will look longer term to combine but bag isn't big enough at the moment.
Done four journey's and safari so good.

Martin
So that is a 36V 4Ah battery pack? What is the maximum sustainable peak current of that and the maximum peak current? Do you have any issues with it and did you have to set the display to limit current output from the battery? What sort of range do you get. Looks a lovely clean ebike conversion.

martx007

Pedelecer
Jul 25, 2008
Wigan, United Kingdom
Hi
Can’t you use this pas as it fits the outside
Neil
looks about right Neil. Will get round to it after the hatchet job I tried on the one supplied :) Not cheap though

Attachments

martx007

Pedelecer
Jul 25, 2008
Wigan, United Kingdom
So that is a 36V 4Ah battery pack? What is the maximum sustainable peak current of that and the maximum peak current? Do you have any issues with it and did you have to set the display to limit current output from the battery? What sort of range do you get. Looks a lovely clean ebike conversion.
Yes Bonzo, had it from e-scooter range extender mod. Bought another one for £40 and they are doing the job...
Not sure about current as haven't measured but see pics may shed some light. I run them from 41v to 37v and then swap. Did about 20km on 1 journey with a fav wind but usually hit 37v at about 15km. I also charge in work before return.
An issue for me is the display doesn't have 27.5 wheel setting but haven't played in the adv settings yet.

Attachments

Bikes4two

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2020
Havant
Nice little project there and it'll be interesting to see how the battery works out long term.

I've just ordered up a similarly priced 10s2p 36v battery pack to carry as a 'reserve tank' in case I out cycle my main battery's range. I mainly cycle on assist level one so I doubt current draw on the small battery will be straining it.

I will at some stage wire in an ammeter to see what's what (watt ?).

Reactions: martx007