any impressions on the Carrera Crossfuse (or the Bosch Active Line Plus)?

acm2000

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2015
Ipswich
its been out for a little while now but theres no halfords within miles of me that has stock to test ride, the new bosch motor really intrigues me. rest of the bike is decent spec for the money but its motor im really after impressions of.

Last edited:

Rohloffboy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 1, 2015
North West.
Yep, someone on here did buy one back in early November, guess they may see this and give comment.

I have been keeping a close eye on the Crossfuse, but the £1,600 price tag did not move for either Black Friday or Boxing Day sales.

So I doubt that situation will change for the January sales, which I guess have already started!

To be fair if your looking at the Crossfuse, also check out the Cube ACID 400, for around the same money, it has a more integrated look and uses the exact same Bosch motor as the Crossfuse..

It's a pity that Halfords don't offer a 500w battery upgrade for the Crossfuse like what Cube do with the Acid.

But beggars can't be choosers I guess.

Back to the Crossfuse motor, I am also intrigued with this new Bosch Direct Drive set up (Active Line Plus), which no doubt extends battery range, but more importantly gives a more bike like feel to the ride I have learned.

Also the use of a regular 42T Chain Ring up front, to me is a much better than those pesky little sprockets as previously used, due to the internal gearing of the older motor's.

• Agree
Reactions: E-Wheels

acm2000

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2015
Ipswich
Yep, someone on here did buy one back in early November, guess they may see this and give comment.

I have been keeping a close eye on the Crossfuse, but the £1,600 price tag did not move for either Black Friday or Boxing Day sales.

So I doubt that situation will change for the January sales, which I guess have already started!

To be fair if your looking at the Crossfuse, also check out the Cube ACID 400, for around the same money, it has a more integrated look and uses the exact same Bosch motor as the Crossfuse..

It's a pity that Halfords don't offer a 500w battery upgrade for the Crossfuse like what Cube do with the Acid.

But beggars can't be choosers I guess.

Back to the Crossfuse motor, I am also intrigued with this new Bosch Direct Drive set up (Active Line Plus), which no doubt extends battery range, but more importantly gives a more bike like feel to the ride I have learned.

Also the use of a regular 42T Chain Ring up front, to me is a much better than those pesky little sprockets as previously used, due to the internal gearing of the older motor's.
the Cube is a fair bit more expensive than the Crossfuse (£1440 with cycling discount, plus another 8% buying halfords giftcards)

ive sent Azzuri a PM to ask how its been and he has yet to reply

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
the Cube is a fair bit more expensive than the Crossfuse
Your not wrong there,
I'm cool with paying a few quid more for my cube and its 500 battery.
I appreciate for a lot of people price is the over riding factor when buying a new bike but for me the halfords bike looks too old fashioned and utilitarian for what is a purely leasure bike.

• Agree
Reactions: EddiePJ

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
ive sent Azzuri a PM to ask how its been and he has yet to reply
He's only posted on this forum 4 times, a lot of people come here for advice before buying a bike but soon move on once they've made a purchase.

I'm on a Fiat forum just because I have a fiat, Im not a regularly poster there because the car is just a tool, I probably won't go back there untill I need information :rolleyes: on the other hand I'm here as a small part of a large community :cool:

acm2000

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2015
Ipswich
Works out £1330 for the crossfuse after various discounts, hmmm.

Plodder Bob

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2017
Manchester
Tempting price that ! I managed to get cube reaction down to £1760 using gateway reward scheme . I think the let down with the cross fuse is dealing with Halfords for service / warranty claims our local branch is rubbish with normal bikes I hate to think what they’re like with e-bikes !

acm2000

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2015
Ipswich
I'd get it serviced at a proper bike shop, we have a cycle Revolution here in Ipswich which is a cube dealer and their services are reasonably priced.

Reactions: Plodder Bob

Rohloffboy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 1, 2015
North West.
I noticed that Tredz now have the Cube Acid 400 at £1,600 same price as the Crossfuse from Halfords.

Although the Cube Acid 500 is tempting at £1,800 from Tredz.

Oh to do!

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com

Plodder Bob

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2017
Manchester
It’s worth getting the larger battery 500w if your a heavy rider . That’s my only regret in opting for the cube reaction pro 400 quality is excellent but battery performance +20 % for no weight gain has got to be worth considering?

Rohloffboy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 1, 2015
North West.
Yep good spot Eddie, £1,615 for the Cube Acid 500 makes it a no brainer in comparison to the Halfords Crossfuse.

Although I can get 25% discount from Halfords and possibly the same with Tredz since Halfords bought them out along with Wheelies, due to having a staff connection at Halfords, awaiting confirmation to see if the same staff discount applies to Tredz as it does to Halfords stock.

Which was one of the reasons why I was first interested in the Crossfuse, although I now have the Cube Acid 500 in my sights.

A 500wh battery is always going to be better than a 400wh battery which ever way you slice the pizza.

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Last edited:

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Correction,
I ment to say that I'm paying a little bit more for my cube than alt cycles price.
After all is said and done, the bitter taste of poor service outlasts the sweet taste of a cheap price ;)

acm2000

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2015
Ipswich
Went to my local halfords today and persuaded them to order one in for me to look at and sit on, will see how it is and decide then.

Last edited:

Rohloffboy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 1, 2015
North West.
Well got to see a Crossfuse in the flesh for the first time this week, at the Ashton-Under-Lyne store near Manchester.

I liked the blue finish, and the 700C tyre's looked great for commuter use, on the whole this bike ticked all my box's.

Although I did think the £1,600 price tag, is a bit high for Halfords, and the bike should really come with a 500wh battery and not 400wh.

But hey, beggars can't be choosers, although I think the price may drop to a more sensible £1,500 price point fairly soon, I can almost see the save £100 POS now!

acm2000

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2015
Ipswich
went and had a look at my local halfords, very neat little thing, considerably lighter than my krieger too. at £1350ish i couldn't say no for 2018 bosch setup, it runs virtually silent and the assist feels really natural, now ive got to find a stand that will fit it nicely and some decent mudguards eventually to replace the bargain basement ones i got at purchase to tide me over, and im going to have to chuck my NCX seat post on there using a shim adapter as my ass just isnt used to the hardcore pounding you get from those thin saddles.

one big thing i noticed straight away is how much more comfortable those ergon style grips are, so much nicer to ride.

Attachments