Any Questions?

Alex728

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2008
Ipswich
Incidentally David, is that bit any use to me, and if so, where does it fit?

Regards,

Dave
I think it is, if you want to go slightly faster off road ;) -I'm sure Norman will explain its use and if you want one I think its only fitting you get a free one as compensation for the earlier confusion.

will they still be available as aftermarket addition to newer 905s (and are there any legal risks in "just having one" even if its not used off-road)?

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Off Road Switch

I think it is, if you want to go slightly faster off road ;) -I'm sure Norman will explain its use and if you want one I think its only fitting you get a free one as compensation for the earlier confusion.

will they still be available as aftermarket addition to newer 905s (and are there any legal risks in "just having one" even if its not used off-road)?
Yes Alex you are absolutly correct it is the off road switch and very easily installed.

Regarding the law, the off road switch should only be used or fitted if you do not intend to use the bike on the public highway. If it is installed the bike will be able to travel at 18+mph which turns it into a moped under British Law and type approval is then needed. Our advice would be Not to install the device if you intend to use the bike on the road.

Best regards David

marco12

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 24, 2009
rear wheel rebuild

hello
I have just had to have my Wisper 905SE rear wheel rebuilt, new rim, spokes, inner tube and tyre,due to my own incompetence. Having just ridden it back from the repairers, I notice the throttle does not work independently any more, the bike rides fine in pedelec mode, and in that mode if i pull back the throttle then the power is boosted, but i cannot ride on throttle alone, would anybody know if this is a common problem of a wheel being removed? or has anyone got a possible solution? many thanks in advance

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Purple wire

Hi Marco

Have a look at the controller, if the purple wire has been connected, simply disconnect it again and that should sort you out.

All the best

David

marco12

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 24, 2009
Rear wheel rebuild

Dear David
I tried the purple wire as you suggested, and it works like a charm!, I have had no regrets buying the bike, and your after sales service has confirmed my good opinion of both the product, and the company, and I would have no qualms about recommending your products to anyone. Once again thank you
Marco

onabreeze

Just Joined
Jun 23, 2009
after sales waiting on parts nightmare

Hi David,
I have been trying to contact you by telephone, left meesage last week and again today. I am awaitng parts (under warranty) from your supplier here in Ireland. I find it hard to make contact also with supplier. There seems to be a problem with the courier, on both dates I was given to expect delivery, nothing arrived. From the experience of when I received the Wisper City last year, the courier service seems to be multiple operatives. As example... Goods delivered to a collection point, another courier picks up and takes to another collection point and so on. The bike itself met with 3 couriers when initially dispatched. As it is now small parts, I suspect 1 or other of the collection points are waiting to fill their van up before delivering. I posted suspected faulty parts with post office, and your supplier had the package on day 2. , the annoying factors to me are 1 contact, slow if any response on either emails or telephone, 2 having a bike that I was told and can read that aftersales are speedy, 3 I still don't know when I will get the parts, and too, if they don't cure the problem.... will it take an age to get the wisper back to a working state. My feelings are to send the whole bike bake and seek a refund, as it is with my shift work, it is costing me to have someone in the house on the expected delivery days.... thats my lot, hope you can sort it out, and I will keep trying to contact you by phone.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Problems

Hi Please PM me your telephone number as I do not have any messages from you.

Is Marty not retuning calls?

I will call you back on my return from China on Friday.

All the best

David

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
help needed

Hello David
Long time no talk, my life has been a bit manic lately! So not been on Pedelec but still love my Wisper!!
I have emailed you but now understand you are in China so could be why no response. Mind you hope your email address hasnt changed but I had this post alerted in my emails so thought I would post here directly.
I also thought this is quite an apt post in my case as it is not so much a rear wheel re'build but a front one (thank god!)
Anyway, to try and cut a long story short I had this huge blow out on my front wheel about 3 Fridays ago and and the blow out took out the wheel rim as well. It was a very very hot day and I am confident it was the tyre pressure expanding and not the wheel which resulted in the decimation of my front wheel! lol! I was on the pavement going real slow so no harm done and I was between 2 pubs at the time and a few shouts went up as it was a very loud bang to say the least and sounded like a gun shot! :0).
Anyway, I am currently riding on a borrowed wheel and have been trawling the net to try and find a front wheel with the eight hole disc requirement and can't find one that'll match the back tyre enough for the life of me :confused: .
I would even lose the flames which is a shame cos I like them :( but just can't find anything like it and am being badgered to give the front wheel back to the owner :(
Are you able to help me with my dilema and give me a price for a replacement? If not the same, then are you able to point me in the direction of a supplier which stocks similar wheels?
I really dont want my lovely Wisper to look odd so any help would be very much appreciated.
Many Thanks and hope you are well and all is going well in the world of Wisper? I continue to enjoy and depend on my old faithful which has been going very well up until now.
Regards
Mandy

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Mandy, of course we can help you, we may even have one of the older wheels with the flames.

My email address has changed to dmiall@me.com

Please drop me a line and we will try and get it sorted out before the weekend!

Best regards

David

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
Stars

Hi Mandy, of course we can help you, we may even have one of the older wheels with the flames.

My email address has changed to dmiall@me.com

Please drop me a line and we will try and get it sorted out before the weekend!

Best regards

David
Hi David
Thanks for your quick response to my email last week and it looks like all sorted thanks to your help!
As always you and the guys at Wisper are stars!!! :cool:
Keep up the great work!!
Kindest Regards
Mandy

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
No problems

Hi Mandy

Thanks for your kind words, but that is exactly what we are here for! In my opinion if a company is asking for a not insubstantial investment in their products then they should have the back up and ability to support their products on the market for years to come.

Best regards

David :)

jumpin

Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
Altrincham
Nearest Whisper stockist

Hi

New user and forumite here. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where my nearest Whisper spares shop is, i live in Altrincham, just west of Manchester.

Thanks
Ronnie

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Hi Ronnie, welcome to Pedelecs forum.

While waiting for David to reply to your request, I have copied some details from the Wisper website:

Full Service Wisper Centres

All About the Bike
Unit 10
Pinfold Workshops
Pinfold Lane
Buckley
Flintshire
CH7 3PL

01244 552000
Mold@wisperbikes.com
.....................................................................................................

Valley Scooters
136 Blackburn Road
Bolton
BL1 8DW

01204 532183
Bolton@wisperbikes.com
.....................................................................................................

Supreme Cycles
42-52 Earls Street
Crewe
Cheshire
CW1 2AT

01270 585640
crewe@wisperbikes.com

For technical advice and a full range of spares for all Wisper bikes, past and present

Wisper Support
CycleMech
The Chantry
The Mayford Centre
Mayford Green
Woking
Surrey
GU22 0PP

Phone number: 07799 794520

Email Address: support@wisperbikes.com

I hope this is of some help to you.

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year. :D