Any Questions?

jumpin

Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
Altrincham
Thanks for the info Bob, I have another question, I have the 905se City S, and I would like the Liquid crystal display panel on the Alpino, can I buy the display and wire it into the 905?

Thanks
Ronnie

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Ronnie

Unfortunately the drive systems are different on the Alpino/xc Tourer and the rest of our bikes so the LCD is not compatible.

The rule of thumb is all bikes that the model number end in a 6 use the Japanese Dapu system and all bikes with a model number ending in 5 are fitted with the Bafang system.

Happy Christmas and have a prosperous New Year

Regards

David

lucy_boo

Just Joined
Apr 18, 2016
Cheltenham
Hi David. I have posted on the clinic part of the forum but thought it may get seen better here.
I recently brought an ex demo wisper 705 classic. I use it for commuting to work on. on Saturday on the way to work it starting cutting out (battery was fully charged) and within a few turns of the pedals it came back on again. on my way home it cut out and would come back on, I turned it off then on again and all was fine.
the next day I started on my way to work all was fine but after 10 minutes it cut out again and wouldn't come back on.
today I have had a look at it and the capacity meter on the battery is showing as full but on the capacity meter on the bike its flashing red as empty. I turn it off then on agin and again its shows as full but then a minute later its flashes empty again. I checked the capacity on the batter and it showed empty them disconnected it tried again and it shows as full again.
The panel on the handle bar now only turns on for a couple of seconds and then goes off again. It doesn't come back on unless I turn it on and again it turns off.
could this be an issue with the battery or something else?
Many thanks

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Lucy,

Sorry I missed your post.

Of course we will sort you out.

Can you tell me where and when you bought the bike and roughly how old it is?

The best bet would be to email support@amps.bike with the info, our tech manager Claud will help you get back on the road.

Best regards

David

Robster

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 13, 2016
Andover
I have a question.

I recently purchased a Wisper 806SE second hand but less than one year old.

The weather has been so bad I never got a chance to ride it until this past weekend.

Overall I was very happy with the experience, except for the fact the assist seemed to cut out at times.

It was set at full assist and I would be cycling along with current assist showing as 4 bars and then suddenly nothing.

I cannot put my finger on why and when it happened but it did happen 2-3 times.

Is this normal behaviour?

I think there is still about a 1-2 weeks left of the 12 month warranty and I am not sure what to do!

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
I have a question.

I recently purchased a Wisper 806SE second hand but less than one year old.

The weather has been so bad I never got a chance to ride it until this past weekend.

Overall I was very happy with the experience, except for the fact the assist seemed to cut out at times.

It was set at full assist and I would be cycling along with current assist showing as 4 bars and then suddenly nothing.

I cannot put my finger on why and when it happened but it did happen 2-3 times.

Is this normal behaviour?

I think there is still about a 1-2 weeks left of the 12 month warranty and I am not sure what to do!
Hi Robster, it’s not normal behaviour. Where did you buy the bike from? We can certainly sort it out for you.

All the best, David

Robster

May 13, 2016
Andover
Hi Robster, it’s not normal behaviour. Where did you buy the bike from? We can certainly sort it out for you.

All the best, David
Hi David

I purchased from someone who only used it for 6 months and found it too heavy to carry, so replaced it with a normal folding bike.

It was purchased from a shop called Bikebase in Southend-on-sea on 18/5/2017.

Unfortunately they are a 300 mile round trip from where I live in Andover in Hampshire!

I have the receipt, could I take it into somewhere like Halfords, who I believe are resellers of Wisper?

Robin

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Robster, Halfords wont be much good, most stores don't really understand e-bikes... yet.

Your contract is with the seller, so they should really sort the bike out for you. We are very unusual in that we will extend the warranty to second owners. but only if the bike was purchased from a Wisper Dealer, so they can check the bike for damage etc. Strictly speaking your bike is out of warranty.

We can help you though, I suggest:

1. Take the bike to whoever has been servicing it for you. We would be happy to speak to them and supply parts.

2. Call Claud in our tech department and talk through the issue with him. He will do everything he can to talk you through solving the problem your self, it's normally something very simple.

3. If you would like to send us the bike and agree to pay for it to be sent back to you, we would be happy to look at it for you. We would need to charge labour but would supply any parts that would normally be covered if your bike was still under warranty FOC.

I hope this helps?

All the best, David

Robster

May 13, 2016
Andover
Hi Robster, Halfords wont be much good, most stores don't really understand e-bikes... yet.

Your contract is with the seller, so they should really sort the bike out for you. We are very unusual in that we will extend the warranty to second owners. but only if the bike was purchased from a Wisper Dealer, so they can check the bike for damage etc. Strictly speaking your bike is out of warranty.

We can help you though, I suggest:

1. Take the bike to whoever has been servicing it for you. We would be happy to speak to them and supply parts.

2. Call Claud in our tech department and talk through the issue with him. He will do everything he can to talk you through solving the problem your self, it's normally something very simple.

3. If you would like to send us the bike and agree to pay for it to be sent back to you, we would be happy to look at it for you. We would need to charge labour but would supply any parts that would normally be covered if your bike was still under warranty FOC.

I hope this helps?

All the best, David
Hi David

I have spoken with Claud and he has given me a couple of things to check plus a suggesting with regard to how I am riding the bike.

I wil give it another try on the weekend!

Many thanks for the help.

Robin

Jimwoodard

Aug 7, 2022
2008 905 Throttle/on off switch fault

Hello,

The red on/off switch on the throttle assembly only operates with sustained pressure. Is this a user serviceable item? Is there a user fittable replacement available if this cannot be repaired? Grateful for advice.

Jim

Attachments

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
2008 905 Throttle/on off switch fault

Hello,

The red on/off switch on the throttle assembly only operates with sustained pressure. Is this a user serviceable item? Is there a user fittable replacement available if this cannot be repaired? Grateful for advice.

Jim
Hi Jim,

Please email service@wisperbikes.com. We may have some in stock, if not I’m sure they will be able to advise you. All the best, David

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

Advertisers