Any Questions?

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
New 905 bikes

I've struggled to find information about your current models, and I know others have too:

Why don't you make this document down-loadable from your web site, or post it here in the forum?

Regards,

ElephantsGerald
Thanks ElephantGerald for your advice. Much appreciated.

The website has now been updated with pdf specs for the new models. The spec file and price list is too large to up load here so if any one would like to see them drop me a line at David@WisperBike.com and I will send a copy.

The first container is almost sold out now we only have about 25 905se sport or City S left so if anyone would like to place an order please drop me a line as we will certainly be out of stock after Presteigne. :)

Best regards David

ElephantsGerald

Pedelecer
Mar 17, 2008
Herefordshire, HR2
Re: New 905 bikes

Thats good news David.

Also good to hear you're selling lots of bikes (I've got a vested interest in your success so I can get backup and spare parts for many years to come :))

Do you happen to have an update on possible delivery dates (Doug told me the 1st week in May last time I asked)?

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Delivery Dates

Yes the 1st week in May is still good. The next consignment is due to leave at about the same time.

Thanks for your comments, the bikes are selling very well now and we are getting a lot of great reviews on the new Se's which are a world apart from the original 905e's

Best regards David

C

Cyclezee

New Wisper Battery

I have a few questions

1. Is the new "Advanced Lithium Polymer 36V 14A" battery fitted to the 2008 905se compatible with the 905se German imports?
  2. How is it improved?
  3. How much does it cost?
  4. What is the length of warranty?
John

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
New 905Se Battery

Hi John

Thanks for your questions.

The batteries supplied to E-Wheels in Germany were the old Lishen Lithium Polymer (manganese) variety, the batteries that we had some early teething problems with, although the batch that went to Germany have proved to be good.

The new batteries are 37v 14a or 518ah and one of the lightest, most powerful and most reliable batteries available. Every battery component is solid - there are no liquids that need to be contained by bulky, heavy cell housings as in normal lithium Ion batteries. The new battery is a more powerful, safer, thinner and lighter weight unit with a wide operating temperature range and no memory effect.

Each*Wisper Lithium Polymer cell operates at an average voltage of 3.7 V, ten cells are configured in parallel to achieve optimum voltage, capacity, and rate capability.

Because there are no ridged heavy cell housings in the new battery the components are all together more flexible and are not prone to cracking or becoming disconnected from each other.

These new batteries are compatible with the German 905Se.

A replacement battery costs £299.00 including a £50 exchange for the old battery.

There currently is a one year Warranty on the battery casing, battery leakage, or battery capacity step-down of more than 20%. Although we are considering reducing this to 6 months as per other manufacturers.

Best regards David

lesfrank

Just Joined
May 11, 2008
urban mover um60 battery pack

i am looking to buy a new battery pack for my um60 but have failed to trace a supplier any addresses would be helpful in my search

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hello lesfrank, I'm afraid you've asked the question in a manufacturers clinic for Wisper bikes only, so no-one will see your query. It's best if you repost it in the main electric bikes forum, here's the link for you:

Forum

Just click the blue "New Thread" button at the top to enter your query.

Meanwhile, I think this is the size of your batteries in millimetres:

100 x 101 x 86

and this size has been extremely difficult to get of. However, someone did find one source here:

SLA supply

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
No David, bit far for me these days as I avoid longer driving distances these days.

Hope it all goes well for you though, and the weather is better than indicated.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Preseigne

Thats a shame.

I would offer you a lift but Doug and I are leaving in a van at 5 in the morning from Sevenoaks! :(

Hope to see you soon.

Best regards David

fcurran

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2007
Bath
www.powabyke.com
Hi David and Doug,

Are you staying in the same hotel as last year? If so, see you there for a beer on saturday night!!

Regards

FrankC

Kez

Just Joined
Jul 8, 2008
Any news on 905se stock?

Hi guys,

Do you know when the next 905se batch is due to arrive? I have one on order with ETS and can't wait.

Kez.

Straylight

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 31, 2009
Hi all at Wisper,

It seems from reading your website, that you're about to/ have just changed the battery connection system for the 905se, having just bought one with the old plug-in connection I'd like to ask if these batteries will still be available when the time comes for a replacement, or will you provide a kit to retrofit older bikes to the new system?

best regards,

Last edited:

OneWayTraffic

Pedelecer
Apr 7, 2009
I have a question about the battery. How much will it degrade from year to year according to aging (not cycle life but shelf life). I've heard numbers from 5%-40% for Li ion depending on temperature and state of charge.

Temperatures of less than 25 deg C are best for lithium ion, and a State of charge of 40%-60% is supposed to be good for storage, but what about for LiMn polymer?

Help!

Hi there,

I've just taken delivery of a Wisper 905se City Works from The Electric Bike Centre this morning and excitedly unpacked the box. My heart has sunk and I'm completely overwhelmed by what I am now faced with! Basically, I'm expected to build the bike, which I wasn't expecting at all.

I'm ok with spotting things like the saddle, front wheel, pedals, rack and battery in there, but there are also 3 plastic bags full of wires, cables, clips, buttons, plugs and other assorted paraphenalia which has me completely baffled. What is all that? How do I know what goes where?

What do I do with the stuff? No instruction manuals or hint lists at all, other than a couple of bits of paper telling me how to adjust the handlebars and fit the led front light.

Help me please as I haven't a clue what to do next !!!!!

Dave
neforum@yahoo.co.uk

Last edited:
C

Cyclezee

Hi Dave,

Firstly don't panic, then phone The Electric Bike Centre and or Wisper.
Ask them to email assembly instructions.
It is not rocket science, you only need basic manual dexterity and a few tools.
Take your time. I have put together six 905se bikes, the first took me 2.5 hours, the last one took an hour and I am no cycle mechanic/technician.

J:) hn

Thanks for the reply. I've managed to find a manual which i've downloaded and printed. There was no mention of 3 plastic bags of wires, so I've opened them up and had a look.

I have 136 items of the same thing, namely

I dodn't think these should really be in the box.

Thanks guys,

Have talked to the Wisper guy and we've arranged to have the spare bits picked up early next week. I've got the basic bike together now, but am going to pop it in to the local bike shop so they can set up the brakes for me. The battery is charging, and all being well I should be on the road tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for their help, i'm a lot more confident now!

Dave

Advertisers