Any thoughts on the Victoria Pendleton ebike

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
My wife is interested in this product as it appeared in a number of women's magazines, .It is a Halfords product. I would appreciate comments . What size is the battery?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Little tech spec on Halfrauds about the lecy parts.

• Rear hub Bafang 250w.
  • 3 speed handle bar led.
  • 36v Phylion battery.
  • Leather stitched sprung padded saddle.
  • Leather stitched grips.
  • Tektro V brakes.
  • 8 spd
  • Bike stand
  • Colour coded mud guards and chain guard.
  • 22kg
  • £750.
For the wife probably ideal if used as a run about errand bike, basically they have just stuck a kit on the std £279 step thru bike. The std step thru has been slated in a couple of reviews for being cheap with very basic Shimano gears and components.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The Array coupled with the Nexus 7 is a neater gearing option then the derailleur, esp with the advantage of gear changing when stopped. I have recently retrofitted a Alfine 8 to a mtb and find it superb, thought at £99 it was a pre xmas bargain brand new from a German bike shop.

simonmunnery

Just Joined
Jan 7, 2021
I bought a Pendleton e-bike on Gumtree, from the original owners who got it from Halfords. It was sold to me as being under warranty, however it wasn't - the Halfords warranty only applies to the original owner. However, it doesn't mention this in the printed warranty in the back of the manual, only on the website. I'm very annoyed by this. The bike was good for 5 weeks but developed a dangerous fault - if you pedal backwards it would trigger the motor; so if you stop at a busy T junction and raise the pedal ready to set off it would throw you into the road. Halfords repaired it and charged me £45. Be aware Halfords printed warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on; and look out for alarming fault

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The main fault reported on those bikes is the re rear 8-speed freewheel. which is a bit vulnerable to the weather. It'll be fine as long as you drizzle a bit of oil in from time to time. Forthat you have to turn the bike on its side with the gears side upwards and drop the oil into the space around the axle. The gears are close to the frame, so not much room to get it in. The 3-in-one oil in a spray can would probably work well.

PP100

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2020
Little tech spec on Halfrauds about the lecy parts.

• Rear hub Bafang 250w.
  • 3 speed handle bar led.
  • 36v Phylion battery.
  • Leather stitched sprung padded saddle.
  • Leather stitched grips.
  • Tektro V brakes.
  • 8 spd
  • Bike stand
  • Colour coded mud guards and chain guard.
  • 22kg
  • £750.
For the wife probably ideal if used as a run about errand bike, basically they have just stuck a kit on the std £279 step thru bike. The std step thru has been slated in a couple of reviews for being cheap with very basic Shimano gears and components.
That doesn't tell you the battery ccpacity which according to their site is:
317Wh / 8.8Ah
not very big , about the minimum you'd want from a casual use bike.
The other frequent request here is for the manual which is linked in this thread (2017 version) :