Any update/experience on alternate battery and controller options to use with Swytch front wheel ? ( eg. Geeko)

FrTedCrilly

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 6, 2023
Hi all
like many others , been left with a working Swytch front wheel following poor Swytch experience on a failed battery / controller.

looking for ways to continue to use , any advice / experience welcome

thanks

TC

peterjd

Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2019
I would suggest you do a few searches on this forum for various experiences with controllers and batteries. Personally I am satisfied with my modified Mk1 for my lightweight requirements - battery and layout changes were relatively easy but I might be struggling if the controller failed again. The first controller was replaced under warranty and a work around cable fitted for Hall sensor problems (which probably contributed to failure). Wheel runs very smoothly now and provides the required light assistance. Good luck Peter

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi all
like many others , been left with a working Swytch front wheel following poor Swytch experience on a failed battery / controller.

looking for ways to continue to use , any advice / experience welcome

thanks

TC
The motor and other electrics are completely standard. The only special thing from Swytch is their external connection system. You can use any controller and/or battery you want. Buy the controller and LCD together to make sure they match.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Look for a Kuenteng (KT) 15- 17a 6 mosfet controller and a matching KT LCD display, should set you back about £80 on Ali express. KT will be the best non oem option to use and has v.g user control and power levels. The KT use current control rather then the usual crappy speed control.

FrTedCrilly

Jul 6, 2023
I would suggest you do a few searches on this forum for various experiences with controllers and batteries. Personally I am satisfied with my modified Mk1 for my lightweight requirements - battery and layout changes were relatively easy but I might be struggling if the controller failed again. The first controller was replaced under warranty and a work around cable fitted for Hall sensor problems (which probably contributed to failure). Wheel runs very smoothly now and provides the required light assistance. Good luck Peter
Thanks Peter -

FrTedCrilly

Jul 6, 2023
Look for a Kuenteng (KT) 15- 17a 6 mosfet controller and a matching KT LCD display, should set you back about £80 on Ali express. KT will be the best non oem option to use and has v.g user control and power levels. The KT use current control rather then the usual crappy speed control.
Thanks for coming back on this. Ok

I am happy to consider to source and do myself but I wouldn’t have the tech info to programme the controller for the Swytch motor , etc to get the best out of it

Is there any solid guides you could recommend ? ( I have searched a fair bit)

other questions …
New to aliexpress , just don’t want to be wasting more money any recommended sellers there ?

any way being sure I get actual KT ( should I be concerned of fake on Aliexpress)

And any recommendations for sourcing reputable battery pack with good cells that is compatibly

I’m located in dublin ireland , so and uk suppliers would be options for me.

I have the front hub motor in bike repair - getting checked it is working currently - guy in shop saying he can supply yuse controller , display and battery for € 400 to get it back up and running

Is Yuse just as good reputable (eg equiv to Kt or am would I just be tying myself it to another manufacturer)

All advice welcome thanks. TC

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
I have the front hub motor in bike repair - getting checked it is working currently - guy in shop saying he can supply yuse controller , display and battery for € 400 to get it back up and running

Is Yuse just as good reputable (eg equiv to Kt or am would I just be tying myself it to another manufacturer)

Do you mean Yose? Yose use lishui controllers as far as I am aware.

You can have whole kit for 400.

I can recommend Yose. Good value for money. Much better than Switch.

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Thanks for coming back on this. Ok

I am happy to consider to source and do myself but I wouldn’t have the tech info to programme the controller for the Swytch motor , etc to get the best out of it

Is there any solid guides you could recommend ? ( I have searched a fair bit)

other questions …
New to aliexpress , just don’t want to be wasting more money any recommended sellers there ?

any way being sure I get actual KT ( should I be concerned of fake on Aliexpress)

And any recommendations for sourcing reputable battery pack with good cells that is compatibly

I’m located in dublin ireland , so and uk suppliers would be options for me.

Yose works OK, but is nowhere near as good as KT. I've never seen fake KT stuff, so you don't need to worry about that.

Why is your motor being repaired? I thought you said it was the controller or battery that was faulty. It's very rare to get any fault in the motor.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
With KT there is very little to program, a few settings may need changing but all depends on the motor used and the PAS sensor type. If you were to have any setting issues we can usually sort them out .

FrTedCrilly

Jul 6, 2023
Yose works OK, but is nowhere near as good as KT. I've never seen fake KT stuff, so you don't need to worry about that.

Why is your motor being repaired? I thought you said it was the controller or battery that was faulty. It's very rare to get any fault in the motor.
Before spending money on kit wanted to confirm motor working … good news it is !!!

Enquired what could they fit .. basically seems to be the Yose 250 w front kit but I don’t need the motor wheel and my own switch is not limited so better …