Any Wisper Owners in Southampton?

seeker

Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2008
Hi All,

Are there any Wisper 905 owners in the Southampton area that can help me?

My Wisper inexplicably lost power on the way home from work, luckily in the last downhill stretch.

All I get is the red empty light. I don't think it's flat, as there was now fading of power and I charged it, as I always do, at work.

I Charged the battery overnight, and the next morning it was the same, the single bright red empty light. Throttling and pedaling have no effect?

surelyy if it was the battery there would be no light? :)

I'm loath to take it back to the dealer as it always comes back damaged or with an new fault.

So I was hoping that a fellow Wipser user would allow me to try their battery on my wisper, to find out if my battery has died?

Cheers

seeker

Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2008
Dealer Woes

Hi All,

I'm loath to take it back to the dealer as it always comes back damaged or with an new fault.

:eek:

Thats a good dealer then!
Don't get me started! They couldn't even stick on a new handlbar grip :confused: I've now got an aching wrist trying to hold the throttle open as it happily spins round in the grip. And that was just the start, i had to take it back 3 times for them to fix what they did to the spokes.
Paid £40 for the privilage :mad:
I really think they'd finish it off if I took it back again.

Alex728

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2008
Ipswich
TBH I think seeker should notify the details (in private!) to David at Wisper Bikes - without manufacturers being made aware of these incidents there can be no improvement.

This is what dissapoints me about this industry - David is putting in 110% to serve customers - including sending me his direct telephone number months before I even bought this machine and more recently answering queries despite a spell of ill health (he must have been posting from his sick bed or even the hospital!) - but being let down by the dealers he trusts as business partners - then again it seems to happen so often in this country...

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Don't get me started! They couldn't even stick on a new handlbar grip :confused: I've now got an aching wrist trying to hold the throttle open as it happily spins round in the grip.
Use the old trade trick of using a drop of rubber solution from your repair kit. Wipe it around the inside at the start point and then push the grip on in one quick movement. It will slide on easily and when set will stay put, but is still easy to remove if you need to in future.

seeker

Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2008
Grip Advice

Thanks Inno and Flecc,

I'll give it a try at the weekend and let you know. :)

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Electric Bike World

Electric Bike World Southampton

Thanks Seeker for your post, I am so sorry you have experienced such problems if there is anything we can do to help please ask.

As you can imagine this is not the first time we have had reports of Electric Bike World's incompetence when it comes to suppying and servicing electric bikes. So it is with much regret that we have decided to remove them from our team of dealers.

Yesterday my business partner Douglas Lawson informed Stuart Conway of EBW that we would no longer supply them with Wisper bikes and we would be removing them from our list of dealers on Monday.

Unfortunately in any industry you are bound to get a bad apple or two. We have taken this action not only to ensure that any one buying a Wisper bike gets decent after sales service but also to stop the poor reputation EBW already have rubbing off on our other dealers who are on the whole absolutly amazing.

Any one who has bought a Wisper bike from EBW in the past should either contact me directly or service@wisperbikes.com if they have any servicing issues. We will either help you ourselves or redirect you to a new Wisper Dealer.

Best regards David

Last edited: