Anyone heard of Leftfield Bikes? Leftfieldbikes.com?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Leftfield Bikes have turned up once or twice in my internet searches, does anyone have any experiences of them? I've never heard of them, but they do claim to stock some interesting looking bikes:

Cargo box:

They claim they're located in Canary Wharf:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
They also claim to stock some conversion kits, like this "180nm torque" 250W, which I've never heard of:

"X1 Pro can be programmed to ‘ludicrous’ mode and put out an astonishing 5,000W"?!?!?

,,,and this looks like an interesting Brompton conversion kit from Grin Technologies (Crystalyte):

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

:p??

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
(Very long video)

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

MrLauLearning

Just Joined
Mar 4, 2022
A friend from our local nursery has an electric Yuba Kombi E5 from there. My wife loves that bike and we bought it through the cyclescheme. It arrived within 5-10 days, which was a pleasant surprise as we have heard of people waiting 6 months for bikes from other shops. I think now that the pandemic is coming to an end and we were buying outside of the usual peak season, we were very lucky.

Guy Wheeler, the founder delivered the bike himself. He's very knowledgeable about E-bikes and is a real advocate for all types of E-bikes.

E-mail is the best way to contact him. Leave your number and he will call back.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
It's odd that there have been no additional Trustpilot reviews, since I last looked in October 2021- just two in total: one good and one bad

MrLauLearning

Just Joined
Mar 4, 2022
I just left a Trust Pilot review as I couldn't fault the service. I get a sense that Guy is quite busy both in the workshop and on the road a lot (delivering bikes). Our extra lights didn't arrive in time, but he personally delivered them to our address, when he could have just popped them in the post. He was keen to meet and chat about how I had found the bike after the first 100km.

It's the first time buying a new bike all my previous bikes have been second hand. I cannot fault the service they provided, the lead time was incredible and he gave some good advice on pannier bags and other configuration questions I had.

Regarding the whole address situation, he's based out of a workshop in West London and he's looking into acquiring a permanent premises or formal shopfront as it were.

I did read a couple of negative reviews but at least one of these seems to do with supply chain issues (Pandemic +. Brexit) which I imagine are outside their control.