Appeal to trace man who outran police on electric scooter

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
  • :D
Reactions: LeighPing
D

Deleted member 33385

Richard Hammond (old BBC Top Gear episode) featured a laptop-sized (bit thicker [the conveyance, not Richard Hammond] [?]) electric conveyance, and I have thus far been unable to locate anything similar - I'd love one of those... looks easily carried in a rucksack. Mind you - I'd inevitaby take a tumble, shatter, and regret buying it.

Last edited:

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
Richard Hammond (old BBC Top Gear episode) featured a laptop-sized (bit thicker [the conveyance, not Richard Hammond] [?]) electric conveyance, and I have thus far been unable to locate anything similar - I'd love one of those... looks easily carried in a rucksack. Mind you - I'd inevitaby take a tumble, shatter, and regret buying it.
As long as you put pedals driving a wheel, why not? Hehe :)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

D

Deleted member 33385

As long as you put pedals driving a wheel, why not? Hehe :)
Wow! That's a good find! I searched everywhere and couldn't find this thing! By the size of the battery pack, there doesn't seem to be a lot of room for many 18650s - Richard Hammond was using it in an airport to get between terminals, I suppose for that purpose it'd be ideal but it looks too unsafe for use on a crowded street. I'd still buy one for a dollar. If it could fold out to become a full e-skateboard... it'd be far more stable. This looks interesting - if it could be folded smaller, it'd be perfect:

...add a telescopic handle for the e-scooter model.

Last edited:

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
"Fold and put in a rucksack"
That's so 2019, its 2021 man, ride that sucker, hehe. :cool:
Oh, still no pedal drive for PAS though, doh!:rolleyes:
Air wheel SE3 getting closer, but still no cigar:(

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 33385

"Fold and put in a rucksack"
That's so 2019, its 2021 man, ride that sucker, hehe. :cool:
Oh, still no pedal drive for PAS though, doh!:rolleyes:

These have an assist mode for 20 miles - not pedalling as such, or at all in fact:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

QFM-360-X motor is 1,000 kW or 1,341 horsepower.

2 of those will do and can go drifting round tesco when im 80 and **** all over the plod chopper :p

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
14.5kg is lighter than most mountain bikes. So close to legal! (possibly)
Well, the smallest cranks are 100mm kiddie cranks? So need a wheel like ETRTO 305mm plus, to pedal without heel/pedal strike on ground? Is there a motor that will allow a freewheeling crank thru the middle & cable not thru axle?

Reactions: pentiumofborg
D

Deleted member 33385

Well, the smallest cranks are 100mm kiddie cranks? So need a wheel like ETRTO 305mm plus, to pedal without heel/pedal strike on ground? Is there a motor that will allow a freewheeling crank thru the middle & cable not thru axle?
If you could install a crankwheel at the front driving a chain to the back, a TongSheng might fit? It'd be a brave man who tried... not least because of street ridicule...

Reactions: MikelBikel

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Don't mess with the Suffolk police...

Thankfully no one was seriously hurt in the incident, which occurred while the Apache was chasing down a bicycle thief, although WI treasurer Gladys Worthington-Smyth was injured by a flower pot.