Are electric bikes legal in Spain?

D

Deleted member 33385

So if your firmware (and / or display) is set to a legal speed, your motor is marked as required (250W etc) and your throttle is disconnected then you're surely as legal as anyone out there... no?
I bloody well hope so!

D

Deleted member 33385

A change of speed or use of a change of speed via a switch likely refers to an instant control to do so, a display take several seconds of fiddling and as such not a switch to really play about with whilst riding along.
So the use of the term of a switch is push or rocker button that requires no parameter changes and can be done in an instant.
That's really good! I'll use that in my defence!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you can up the currant to a 250w motor same as a 150w motor in the controller/ software so no because you have that option to change it.

like a turbo powered washing machine use the amps! ;)

Reactions: pentiumofborg
D

Deleted member 33385

Lol, I might try temporarily setting my Bafang BBS01b at 18A (it's 15A at the mo), but it's rated at 20A. I doubt if the firmware will let me, others have reported an error on the display afterwards. I'll wait till it's -5 Centigrade outside first, to keep it cool.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you can set it to what you want imo but the more you push it the more risk you take esp with the batt and controller limit.

id try 1amp at a time and see how it goes or the magic smoke can come out ;)

D

Deleted member 33385

you can set it to what you want imo but the more you push it the more risk you take esp with the batt and controller limit.

id try 1amp at a time and see how it goes or the magic smoke can come out ;)

That's a good call. I might buy a spare controller first lol.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

• :D
D

Deleted member 33385

That'd hurt when it's stopped by a metal box on wheels... There was some rumour that the motor in the BBS01b is the same as that on the 350w version. I don't think my battery is up to providing 18A anyway, my next one might be.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
thats the point can you trust the cells in the pack you have cos if your wrong it will turn in to a fire ball if you pull to much current from it.

at the end of the day it is your bike and do what you want to it ;)

• Agree
D

Deleted member 33385

thats the point can you trust the cells in the pack you have cos if your wrong it will turn in to a fire ball if you pull to much current from it.

at the end of the day it is your bike and do what you want to it ;)

...and never gamble, what you can't afford to lose.