argos for your powabyke

electric.mike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2007
grimsby
powabyke shopper in the new Argos catalogue perhaps we are being noticed slowly.;)

mike

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
There definitely seems to be a trend of more widespread publicity and marketing now. With luck we'll get to a critical mass point where there's more mass market acceptance, as in Grimsby :D

Ian

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2007
Leicester LE4, UK.
Interestingly the Argos Powabyke is branded Raleigh. This heavy lead-acid, brush motor machine is so far behind the Panasonic powered bikes adopted by Raleigh Germany that it is difficult to believe Raleigh UK have chosen to enter the market in this way.

frank9755

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 19, 2007
London
Interestingly the Argos Powabyke is branded Raleigh. This heavy lead-acid, brush motor machine is so far behind the Panasonic powered bikes adopted by Raleigh Germany that it is difficult to believe Raleigh UK have chosen to enter the market in this way.
How odd. I wonder if it is a typo on Argus' part?
Putting "Raleigh Powabyke" into google gives no results.

I was halfway to Argos (not paradise), when I saw the price of this Lithium bike reduced to under 140 quid:eek: Buy Raleigh Lithium 26in Front Disc Front Suspension Bike. at Argos.co.uk
Can't figure out how you plug it in:confused:

John
I would worry about that one cutting out on hills if you didn't pedal!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Raleigh UK have formed an alliance with Powabyke to market electric assist bikes so that they can gain experience.

It may seem odd to start with this unsophisticated model, but I think they could be just as interested in Powabyke's long knowledge of this marketplace and how they deal with repairs and spares via their dealer network.

If so, it's a very sensible approach with many long term advantages.

coops

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2007
Manchester U.K.
Good spot mike and interesting to see argos selling them.

Nice one John re the Raleigh Lithium :D: I hope it isn't made of lithium though - isn't it a bit soft as a metal, and very reactive? :eek: :D.

Stuart.

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
the shopper bike may be a bit heavy,but has very little motor drag,and replacement batteries cost only around £100 (often lasting two or more years),they also climb hills as well as most e bikes,not the latest technology but reliable cheap transport.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
And good support from Powabyke and their dealers too, always worth having.

Joe

Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2008
quite right fishing paul to get mass appeal electric bikes need reliability and affordable batteries. on the surface forking out around £300 for a battery is going to seem a fortune to the predominantly car driving public who can get a carrera mountain bike from halfords for half that amount.

you have to respect powerbyke staying power in the market and good dealer network.