Arrrg where do I get a new battery?

Festivejelly

Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2016
Bristol
I have a HaiBike AllMtn SL which uses the Yamaha system. I've run it ragged commuting to work every day and the battery is starting to degrade. I thought Pah! ill just buy a new battery...Then I found out there is literally nowhere online I can buy one from! Is anyone else in the same boat? Does anyone know where I could get one? I could open the thing and replace the cells but that sounds like a LOT of work.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
40 i think but i doubt the bms will let you recell it like the bosch batts but there is a place in germany that can now do the bosch batts it is just getting them there.

they should match ebike shop for price £650 or 850 for a 500w

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
I've ordered a battery for my Haibike from
http://www.allbatteries.co.uk/searchengine/result/?q=Haibike+

The cost is around the £300 mark and for my Yamaha motor they are quoting 468watts with Samsung cells. Delivery has been quoted at approx. 1 month and is imminent, once it's delivered I will be able to post a review.

Alternatively if you search Haibike on ebay there is a seller at around £400 although you will need to decide if you feel one of these options is worth the risk.

Izzy

Last edited:

Festivejelly

Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2016
Bristol
I've ordered a battery for my Haibike from
http://www.allbatteries.co.uk/searchengine/result/?q=Haibike+

The cost is around the £300 mark and for my Yamaha motor they are quoting 468watts with Samsung cells ebay. Delivery has been quoted at approx. 1 month and is imminent, once it's delivered I will be able to post a review.

Alternatively if you search Haibike on ebay there is a seller at around £400 although you will need to decide if you feel one of these options is worth the risk.

Izzy
Ah I just saw the ebay, I assumed it was a no brand one. Looks like they've custom built that themselves. Must be using their own BMS. Makes sense really.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the 500w is more than the bosch now buy 150 quid.

a 500w bosch is 700 rrp but dealer pays just under 500 for them as i have the shops invoice ;)

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
In view of the lead times for delivery I can only presume that the batteries are coming from China. However Allbatteries appear to be a reputable UK company so in my eyes are "worth a punt" at less than half the price of a branded one.
You can pay by credit card or PayPal so you have some protection and coincidently I have just recieved an email confirmation of delivery do should be able to report back next week (weather permitting).

Izzy

• Useful
Reactions: IR772 and Steve A

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Izzy, Good luck and hope the battery is ok. Note it only has 6 months warranty of course. I'm maybe unlucky, as most of my purchases of cheaper Chinese products have materialised in a waste of money.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Hi Izzy, having a Haibike sduro I am interested in how you get on with your replacement battery. Do they supply a new case that is similar to the yamaha one that you just slot onto the bike or do they refill your old battery case with new batteries. If it is good quality and works it is a no brainer.

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Hi All, Firstly and for the sake of clarity can I say I have nothing to do with or had any communication with Allbatteries.co.uk except for ordering a replacement battery for my Haibike Sduro. I am not recommending them and will leave you to look at their company profile and make your own decisions whether to do business with them .

I know next to nothing about batteries so no technical questions if you don't mind.

The battery arrived today, which was dispatched from France via DPD and was a week later than than the original promised date, it came well packaged and in perfect condition.

After opening the box the initial impressions are good and I consider that the plastic casing of the battery is substantial and of good quality.

I then attached the the trip computer to my bike and installed the battery which fitted easily and snuggly with no play. I fired up the computer which recognised the battery immediately and showed a range of 101 miles compared to the original 400w battery range if 81 miles.

Unfortunately due to the carp weather I didn't get to take my bike out today and the forecast for the week doesn't show much improvement. But as soon as I get a weather window I will give it a run and see how it performs in anger.

So to sum up..At the moment and subject to a longer test the battery appears to be exactly as described and a bargain in comparison to the manufacturerers offering at almost three times the price (I can claim the VAT back through my company).

Caveat Emptor.

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
All Yam riders will be hoping it is a 10.

But we will all wait for your reports, first.

Thanks for taking the leap

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
a pic of the bms would be good or a link to what they are using as then could do a recell refurbish but at that price i guess you would not save that much.

tho buy then the new tesla cells will be out and that will get interesting ;)

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
a pic of the bms would be good or a link to what they are using as then could do a recell refurbish but at that price i guess you would not save that much.

tho buy then the new tesla cells will be out and that will get interesting ;)
They supply batteries for all makes of e-bikes including Bosch.. So if you want to buy one and investigate.. As the saying goes "knock yourself out"

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Izzy, I'm impressed with your update. Can you please give us another update once you've had time to test / recharge battery etc. As if this works well, it really will be a bargain.