Assistance

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
There's no such thing yet as a silent enough but still useful in-frame motor, and checks have found nothing when such accusations have been made.

Given how low powered the motor would have to be for sufficient silence to get away with it, and the restricted amount of battery capacity that could be hidden, it could only be an occasional help anyway on these long road stages.

So at all times when the motor was out of use there would be a weight penalty disadvantage offsetting the tiny gain. So I can't see it happening, unlike doping it's too difficult to conceal from the sport's authorities anyway.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Pro roadies are obsessed by cheating because most of them do, or have done.

Reactions: flash
This is such a joke, and you guys should know better than most.

If its crank driven... the cranks need to be going around to drive the rear wheel!!!

so in order for this to be working it has to be a hub drive, with a button throttle that the bike happens to have landed on, and then you have to get a meaningful motor into one of the tiny road racing hubs they use.

Plus he's doing about 50kph on a descent so why would the motor even be on?

Reactions: KirstinS
D

Deleted member 4366

If its crank driven... the cranks need to be going around to drive the rear wheel!!!

so in order for this to be working it has to be a hub drive, with a button throttle that the bike happens to have landed on, and then you have to get a meaningful motor into one of the tiny road racing hubs they use.
Are you sure about that? Jump to 1:20.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Wouldn't want to be hit on the head when he discards a water bottle - it's probably got a 2kg battery inside.

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
Here's a good video too, where's the motor in this bike?

I wasn't suggesting its not impossible to hide a motor. I was suggesting its I thought it was impossible for a crank drive motor to drive the rear wheel if the cranks aren't turning.

I've ridden and playing with a lot of this "hidden" systems, they are very funky, but they drive the BB axle. So if the cranks are stopped because the bike is on the ground, there is no way they will keep powering the rear wheel.

This is the one we'd been playing with for quite a while.

http://www.vivax-assist.com/en/unternehmen/index.php