Attitudes of non-ebikers

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Husband. They had electric bikes in that cycle shop.
Wife responding in a sharp tone. You don't need an electric bike, you just need to get fit! :D
Husband. Just hangs head low, and doesn't say a word. :D
He should remember that when she wants a new washing machine and retort:

"You don't need a washing machine, just get a washboard and use a little elbow grease".

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Steve Bowles

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
He should remember that when she wants a new washing machine and retort:

"You don't neeed a washing machine, just get a washboard and use a little elbow grease".
By the sounds of it he daren't otherwise Nora B will send him packing to the man shed with his dog and duvet :eek:.

Reactions: EddiePJ

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Classic case of a man who needs to trade up to a new wife. If I were him I'd pick one who rides a pedelec... :cool:

Steve Bowles

Pedelecer
Mar 23, 2018
St Leonards, England
Marry in haste, rue at leisure. If I hadn't had my wife buy her bike first, I never would have been allowed to get my Charger. He should remind his wife of the riddle, 'How many men does it take to change the light in the kitchen? None. Let her cook in the dark.'

Reactions: LeighPing

Paul Wrighton

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2018
Strangely I can remember having a negative reaction to one local E-bike owner in the days before I added pedelecs to my bike collection..... The negative reaction would always be when I was finishing an ascent and he would whizz past me seemingly without effort at 20mph odd (I'm pretty sure he had an illegal Ebike)! I can also remember once nearing the end of a descent and seeing him ahead being able to cruise past at great speed and shouting "For once I'm faster!" in his general direction.

Now I have two pedelecs, a kit and a decent one, and am always telling people that even if they are the ones I am most commonly riding it is my touring and racing bikes that remain my prize possessions and rides of choice when I have the time and energy.

Pedelecs just present a VERY practical for of cycling for day to day.

aardvark5

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 25, 2014
ST3 Blurton
I've got to go back around 5 years but my Brother in Law kept calling me a cheat so I told him to come down my house on his £5,500 Cervelo for an experiment. I told him to cycle down to the bottom of the bank and then cycle back up and to remember how much effort he put in.
He got on my converted Trek 7.5FX Hybrid, I told him to put the PAS at the level he thought was the same as his bike. When he got to me he was on level 5 (top level). I'd now swapped his bike for my converted Trek 4300 MTB and when he got back to me he said there wasn't a level that felt like his Cervelo, he needed to go at least to a level 7.
So the upshot of this experiment is that his £5,500 Cervelo is actually cheating :)

All my Strava KOH's are still all on my road bike.

Crossroads

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2017
The important thing when engaging in friendly banter with work colleagues, especially ones half my age who spend much of their working day online, looking at cycle components ,is to get in first -

ME - All right? How's the 'ordinary' ? Been out recently ? ( This is a carbon fibre Cube racer - 7kg)
HIM - Fine, but I don't go out in the Winter, as well you know. How's your moped?
ME- The moped is great, thanks, like a little Ferrari. Did a hilly fifteen yesterday, a hundred and forty miles so far this month and my resting heart rate is down to 65. :cool: