Back in the swim. Need pointing at Twist info.

MalcolmW

Pedelecer
Mar 8, 2011
West Malvern
Hello again,
Since my Ezeebike died I have been without. But I now have a sound but well used Twist that I have cleaned up. I have at last stopped laughing at the chain guard which I have left it off, probably permanently.
I would like to be directed to where all the hard earned maintenance and repair info that must exist, is. I hope then to only bother you veterans when in real need.
If I had done my homework properly for the Ezeebike I might have had a go at fitting a sensorless controller (didnt think it likely to work)and would still have it. Never mind, this Twist looks good fun. I would like to start with a circuit diagram of the handlebar switch as there seem to be no difference in power between eco and full.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
There have been various Twist models made by Giant, is yours a crank drive model or a front wheel hub motor model?

If it's a crank drive model there is no repair, the sealed into the power unit main circuit board has failed and you will only have Eco power mode.

MalcolmW

Pedelecer
Mar 8, 2011
West Malvern
Thanks Flecc, its a Panasonic crank motor unit. It's no great problem as it seems quite adequate on Eco. If this is all that fails I will be very happy. Is further failure likely?
Out of interest, it had been stored for some time and I thought I had a problem with the Scram p5 gear hub; it was very slow and imprecise on the change. It turned out to be a rusted up click box and cable. A new cable, rerouted down the RHS to avoid bends has this sorted.
I would still be interested in the whereabouts of a wiring diagram.
Enjoy tomorrow
Malcolm White
Malvern

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks Malcolm, all the best for Xmas and the New Year.

Panasonic have never made available a wiring diagram, but you can get plenty of information from my Panasonic support website. Use the links for the old unit only for your bike.

My Lafree Twist site will also be useful.