Bafang 250w kit died up a hill. Battery was fine. Any ideas?

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Would its age affect its output do you know?
Yes, very much so.

Would the voltage I'm getting out not be enough to do anything to the rest of the bike?
I'm not sure I understand the question, but I think you are asking if 'some' voltage will make the bike work.

The voltage we are measuring is really only an indicator of battery condition. 30-38v is not accurate enough to diagnose anything because 30v means it's a total write-off while 38v might mean a duff cell/bad connection.

Lee

Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2016
Yes, very much so.

I'm not sure I understand the question, but I think you are asking if 'some' voltage will make the bike work.

The voltage we are measuring is really only an indicator of battery condition. 30-38v is not accurate enough to diagnose anything because 30v means it's a total write-off while 38v might mean a duff cell/bad connection.
Oh I see. Forgive my newness. I assumed it'd work on the basis of getting weaker until one day I can't get down the road on it. Well, here's hoping it's fixable when I get my security hex keys in the mail and open it up. If not, it had a pretty good innings :)

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Oh I see. Forgive my newness. I assumed it'd work on the basis of getting weaker until one day I can't get down the road on it. Well, here's hoping it's fixable when I get my security hex keys in the mail and open it up. If not, it had a pretty good innings :)
You don't need to take it apart at this stage (I advise against it). You just need to measure the output voltage with your multimeter and post it here.

If you don't know how to take the reading then post a few pics of battery and meter and we can advise.

Lee

Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2016
You don't need to take it apart at this stage (I advise against it). You just need to measure the output voltage with your multimeter and post it here.

If you don't know how to take the reading then post a few pics of battery and meter and we can advise.
Thanks matey. I'll get on and get back to you. Thanks for the help!