Bafang BBS01 Crank Drive Kit

D

Deleted member 4366

I don't know about the displays because I have only ridden one. The motor doesn't pull at any cadence. Torque is very dependent on cadence. The motor will only spin to a certain cadence, and will make maximum power at about 2/3 of that. It will have a similar efficiency curve and power curve to a hub-motor, but in relation to crank speed rather than wheel speed, so gearing is important. One big down-side of crank-motors is that if the motor isn't matched to your own cadence, it can be inefficient or uncomfortable.

ghost

Pedelecer
Sep 12, 2013
Thanks for that description. I haven't ridden a crank drive but can sort of imagine how a hub motor connected to the crank might feel, I guess this is what you are conveying. The rated crank speed is 72 rpm I think with a max of 80 ish. I think the spec is telling me that at 72rpm it will pull 7a and produce 30nm Torque.
Luckily I have a cadence counter on a bike already so have measured my foot speed in various gears. 72 rpm seems good to me. At 50/14 gearing on 700c I cant push 72rpm on the flat for very long at all but 50/16 seems good at 72 rpm cadence. As the it comes with a smaller chain wheel I think it might be okay.
On displays I think the c960's are made by king meter. some good data here...
retrofittable bottom bracket means Bafang motor BBS01
But as for the cyclezee kit it comes with a C950 apparently which as far as I can tell is 25- 35kph adjustable in software according to out German pedelec brethren, not max 40 kph like the 960 range. 35kph is prob. fine for me anyway and maybe a 960 would plug straight in?
Don't actually know now what happens if the senor doesn't get a magnet pulse?
Don't know how to enter the settings mode of C950 if it actually has one but hoping to work it out, must be similar to C960 range.

ghost

Pedelecer
Sep 12, 2013
I also read in german that production has stopped at 8fun due to water ingress issues and will restart with a new more waterproof design soon. That is Chinese to german to English so may or may not be correct! This was stated by an 8 fun rep. as the reason why they are not shown on their website currently. Whether that's true or not who knows.

lectric cycles in the states are getting their 350w 36v and a 750w 48v motors in the next 2 weeks apparently. Perhaps this is the same new batch as xipi are getting in the uk?

D

Deleted member 4366

There's lots of different ones, so when you're looking at performance figures, you have to be careful. I think that the one you quoted above is the 350w version. If it's the one that goes up to 19 amps, it must be.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Thanks for that description. I haven't ridden a crank drive but can sort of imagine how a hub motor connected to the crank might feel, I guess this is what you are conveying. The rated crank speed is 72 rpm I think with a max of 80 ish. I think the spec is telling me that at 72rpm it will pull 7a and produce 30nm Torque.
Luckily I have a cadence counter on a bike already so have measured my foot speed in various gears. 72 rpm seems good to me. At 50/14 gearing on 700c I cant push 72rpm on the flat for very long at all but 50/16 seems good at 72 rpm cadence. As the it comes with a smaller chain wheel I think it might be okay.
On displays I think the c960's are made by king meter. some good data here...
retrofittable bottom bracket means Bafang motor BBS01
But as for the cyclezee kit it comes with a C950 apparently which as far as I can tell is 25- 35kph adjustable in software according to out German pedelec brethren, not max 40 kph like the 960 range. 35kph is prob. fine for me anyway and maybe a 960 would plug straight in?
Don't actually know now what happens if the senor doesn't get a magnet pulse?
Don't know how to enter the settings mode of C950 if it actually has one but hoping to work it out, must be similar to C960 range.
If you turn the magnet away, you only lose the speedo/odometer. The connectors are screw types, pretty good seal against water. If paranoid like me, you can always tape over the joints with self amalgamated ruberized tape.
All BBS01 can run with 24V/36V/48V.

ghost

Pedelecer
Sep 12, 2013
awesome I am still on the hunt for one. Hopefully cyclezee will come up trumps next week.

stevebills

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
Hi the New 8fun mid drive BBS - 01 for 20214 will come in 24 / 36 /48 volt 250 / 750 watts 15 A / 18 a / 25 a sine wave controller inside 46 T / 48 T / 52 T / chain wheel with 3 different types off LCD displays and different voltages 24 / 36 / 48 volt

Frank
Hey Frank are u the guy all over eBay selling those nice bikes?
what do u think of the stealth bomber bike?
I am after a fast well made bike asap