Bafang BBS01B Battery

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
Sorry to bring up an old thread but i was just wondering how you got on running at 20 amps ?,,any problems with heat etc ?

cheers
Alan
none i found myself.but using carls special sauce programming and 100% KC, i only see it draw 20amps in max PAS for seconds on acceleration from stopped and steep hill climbing in low gear.

Reactions: weealan

weealan

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 5, 2019
central Scotland
none i found myself.but using carls special sauce programming and 100% KC, i only see it draw 20amps in max PAS for seconds on acceleration from stopped and steep hill climbing in low gear.
Thanks
Using carls sauce myself on the basic settings and a mix on on pedal assist and throttle.I raised the amps to 18 and keep current to 75 with no issues,,i was just wondering if there was any problems running at 20 amps for a while,,and in your case 20 amps and 100% keep current,,,over heating etc,,
Thanks
Alan

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
Thanks
Using carls sauce myself on the basic settings and a mix on on pedal assist and throttle.I raised the amps to 18 and keep current to 75 with no issues,,i was just wondering if there was any problems running at 20 amps for a while,,and in your case 20 amps and 100% keep current,,,over heating etc,,
Thanks
Alan
on the later 2016+ bbs01 controllers setting the KC function to 100% only has the effect that the minimum AMPS stay a little bit higher than say at 60%. The controller still reduces the amps when the load decreases.IE you can be on the flat an up to speed ,doing 22mph in max PAS and the controller is pulling say 6 amps instead of 4, not 20.

The only way you could get it to pull 20amps for more than a few seconds,is to cycle up a steep hill un naturally IE staying in a higher gear. with max assist and low cadence. The moment you increase your cadence/drop cpl gears the amps fall off. So i think its impossible to do any harm really.

Last edited:

weealan

May 5, 2019
central Scotland
on the later 2016+ bbs01 controllers setting the KC function to 100% only has the effect that the minimum AMPS stay a little bit higher than say at 60%. The controller still reduces the amps when the load decreases.IE you can be on the flat an up to speed ,doing 22mph in max PAS and the controller is pulling say 6 amps instead of 4, not 20.

The only way you could get it to pull 20amps for more than a few seconds,is to cycle up a steep hill un naturally IE staying in a higher gear. with max assist and low cadence. The moment you increase your cadence/drop cpl gears the amps fall off. So i think its impossible to do any harm really.
Thanks for the input.
I will give the raised amps and keep current a try when i get back from holiday.My one is dated June 2018 so it should be all good.

Thanks again
Alan

weealan

May 5, 2019
central Scotland
Hi minexplorer
I meant to ask what display you are using with yours,,i have the c965 and only gives wattage use for a second or two if you press a certain button 3 times but it would be good to have the watts and amps display constant if possible.
Cheers
Alan

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
Hi minexplorer
I meant to ask what display you are using with yours,,i have the c965 and only gives wattage use for a second or two if you press a certain button 3 times but it would be good to have the watts and amps display constant if possible.
Cheers
Alan
its the 850C, it has Watts & Amps. my bbshd came with one.it was so useful being able to see how much battery i was using in different PAS levels/gear selection/high,low cadence peddling etc. So i later bought one for my bbs01,it was about £47 from a seller on ali express. invaluable if you want to play around with programming.tft_850c__1556113309_89.jpg

Reactions: weealan

weealan

May 5, 2019
central Scotland
its the 850C, it has Watts & Amps. my bbshd came with one.it was so useful being able to see how much battery i was using in different PAS levels/gear selection/high,low cadence peddling etc. So i later bought one for my bbs01,it was about £47 from a seller on ali express. invaluable if you want to play around with programming.View attachment 31615
Thanks for that,,looks good too.I take it its just plug and play on the bbs01b ?
Did you have any issues buying from ali express,delivery time etc,,do you have a link to the seller ?

Thanks again and sorry to the op for the thread hijack

Alan

creationg

Just Joined
Jun 7, 2020
Yes they would turn the motor at the same speed as a dedicated bike battery. Makita batteries use good cells and would have minimal voltage sag while in use. Only problem is keeping them dry and time charging multiple packs.
I've built a trike using two Makita 18v 6ah batteries in series to produce 36v to a 250w motor, works great. Yet to test the actual range but seems to last days before recharge.

Frank

creationg

Just Joined
Jun 7, 2020
Ok
I've built a trike using two Makita 18v 6ah batteries in series to produce 36v to a 250w motor, works great. Yet to test the actual range but seems to last days before recharge.

Frank
Using a double charger, does two batts in 45 mins. Makita supply the double series converter box to 36v.