Bafang BBS02 – Intermittent Cut Out

JohnnyBBadd

Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2016
Gloucestershire
Hi

I wonder if anyone can advise regarding the following fault with my BBS02. I have intermittent power supply to the motor. The battery connections are fine as the LCD stays on at all times, as does the small red light in the speed sensor. I've done all the ‘wiggling’ of wires and unplugged & re-plugged to see if it is a faulty loom, or connection, but this doesn’t seem to make any difference.

Any ideas?

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Hi

I wonder if anyone can advise regarding the following fault with my BBS02. I have intermittent power supply to the motor. The battery connections are fine as the LCD stays on at all times, as does the small red light in the speed sensor. I've done all the ‘wiggling’ of wires and unplugged & re-plugged to see if it is a faulty loom, or connection, but this doesn’t seem to make any difference.

Any ideas?
Unplug both brake cut-offs and see if problem persists. Be careful when testing though!

JohnnyBBadd

Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2016
Gloucestershire
I don't have the brake cutoffs connected - I like to live on the edge!:) (and get through loads of brake pads)

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Unplug both brake cut-offs and see if problem persists. Be careful when testing though!
Lol. Even though you are seeing the speed sensor showing a red light, make sure the magnet is not too far from the sensor, or at an angle.