Bafang BPM 250w cropping up

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
I don't know if anyone's noticed but the above is an actual thing. A bunch were on eBay until a few days ago, and I've googled and seen this and this .

Does anyone know of a Chinese supplier of single quantities? 235 Euros is a bit steep.

D

Deleted member 4366

250w BPMs are not very common as a single item because they're actually 350w ones marked 250w for OEMs. Plenty of 350w ones available from Elifebike.com, Greenbikekit.com, BMSBattery.com and Aliexpress.

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
That looks really interesting, what is it that you like about it more/is better than the BPM? Do you know what's the right amperage of controller on the 36v 250w Xofo models?

D

Deleted member 4366

I've visited the Xofo factory. Colin Sheng, the owner, is a really nice guy. I think he used to work for Bafang, but then went off on his own to build better versions of their motors. I've had one of their motors to test before. A friend now has it in his bike. It's much more free-running thanthe Bafang. I have just received another for testing. The problem has always been that Colin will only deal with the trade. No single kits, but it looks like those people above are stockists. I'd recommend the Xofo CST motor to anyone. You need to check the speed (rpm) of the one you're ordering.

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
Thanks. It sounds good. But I suppose the question I need to ask is will the Xofo CST cope with long hills without melting in the way a Bafang BPM motor allegedly can. At 2.2kg it is smaller than a lot of motors like the SWXK which are thought not to be the hardiest.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I think d8veh meant the XFC V motor, 180mm, not the XFC K, 120mm.
It's the same size as the BPM but Xofo people claim that their construction is better than Bafang's BPM

Reactions: jonathan75
D

Deleted member 4366

Thanks. It sounds good. But I suppose the question I need to ask is will the Xofo CST cope with long hills without melting in the way a Bafang BPM motor allegedly can. At 2.2kg it is smaller than a lot of motors like the SWXK which are thought not to be the hardiest.
The listing isn't correct. The photo shows the 4.4kg Xofo CST rear motor. The drawing shows a front motor. You should check with the supplier which one it actually is.

Here's the Xofo website for details of their rear motors. You can see that as well as the CST, they also make a clone of the BPM.

http://www.xofomotor.com/ProductsAllZ2.asp?id=163&Str=REAL-MOTOR

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
My previous question about torque sensor compatible controlers was because I had seen the Xofo motors with integrated torque sensors: rear hub and mid drive.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
the woosh Sport TS uses the Xofo motor with integrated torque sensor

http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?sport-ts

d8veh said it has a nice power delivery, I like it very much but it has less grunt than the 8-Fun BBSes.