Bafang SWX02-C Motor

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Understand. Actually i bought motor without rim.
that is usually an expensive mistake. It's done so we can't go back there.
SWX02 data for your reference:

flange diameter: 145mm
flange spacing: 42.5mm
spokes: 36
axle length: 135mm
spokes: 13 gauge

You need:

1. count the number of spokes on the old rim
2. measure the width of the rim
3. remove the tyre, inner tube and rim tape to check the state of the rim. Run your fingers on the inside of the rim looking for defects. Make sure that everything you are going to re-use is going to be in good condition. You don't want an avoidable puncture later.
Post some pictures. I need to know if your rim has double wall. The new spokes have 2.3mm diameter and use 4mm nipples. They should be OK with the old rim but still should check the diameter of your current spokes. Test some nipples just to make sure that they are going to be easy to remove too.

Online Spoke Calculator {Hub: custom / Rim: 700DM / Cross: 1} (ebikes.ca)

Last edited:

Annimafa

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 26, 2022
Cle
that is usually an expensive mistake. It's done so we can't go back there.
SWX02 data for your reference:

flange diameter: 145mm
flange spacing: 42.5mm
spokes: 36
axle length: 135mm
spokes: 13 gauge

You need:

1. count the number of spokes on the old rim
2. measure the width of the rim
3. remove the tyre, inner tube and rim tape to check the state of the rim. Run your fingers on the inside of the rim looking for defects. Make sure that everything you are going to re-use is going to be in good condition. You don't want an avoidable puncture later.
Post some pictures. I need to know if your rim has double wall. The new spokes have 2.3mm diameter and use 4mm nipples. They should be OK with the old rim but still should check the diameter of your current spokes. Test some nipples just to make sure that they are going to be easy to remove too.

Hello Woosh, Will do that steps ! Thank you a lot for your help !

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the SWX02C is usually built to double walled rims with 13 gauge spokes, left and right elbow in and in 1-cross pattern. Spoke length for your rim: 235mm in that case.
You can use 14 gauge spokes with the same length if you keep to left and right elbow in, 1-cross. If you want to change the pattern to 2-cross, the length is 251mm. 2-cross is stronger but a bit more difficult to lace. Longer spokes are more elastic and less prone to break.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Stick to 1x as nipple angle will be better, to much nipple angle can cause spoke failure at the nipple.
Use sapim strong 14g spokes which have a 13g J bend.

Reactions: Woosh

Annimafa

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 26, 2022
Clear! ) And where do you recommend to buy spokes ? Decathlon, ali express ?

luap321

Pedelecer
Aug 30, 2022
i dont know how good the price is think i had trouble finding 15g so i was just glad to find some for a 1930 raleigh , but i had really good service from alex warwick an im prety sure they came next day www.alexwarwick.co.uk

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
ryanforspokes/ryanbuilds wheels.