For Sale Bargains

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021

Automatic two speed gears integrated into the motor. If spares are and remain available, then could be a good solution for flattish commuting.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
I am so so tempted. But unfortunately I've just bought a dust extractor that cost £500 and i need to buy a Hope pro5 rear wheel which will be £216(down from £310)
Otherwise I'd have bought one by now.

Best of luck to anyone who manages to snap one up, and the quicker they sell out the better my mental health will be.

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Can't believe there is not more interest in this Buzzbike. Available from Chain Reaction cycles too and £449 with code EXTRA10

Hydraulic brakes (180mm rotors), 10ah Samsung intube battery, torque sensing, mudguards, stand, lights, pannier rack,etc...
Perfect easy rider maintenance free drivetrain for flattish terrain riding
Agreed, proprietary Bafang h700 parts, probably expensive to replace ?, but £449...buy 2, one for spares!!

Last edited:

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Another striking deal is this Shimano three speed hub gear, which could be chain or belt driven (if the frame allows) for a low maintenance front hub commuter conversion...

...although even with a free donor bike it still struggles to beat the buzzbike!

Reactions: Az.

unknown quantity

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 2, 2024
Can't believe there is not more interest in this Buzzbike. Available from Chain Reaction cycles too and £449 with code EXTRA10

Hydraulic brakes (180mm rotors), 10ah Samsung intube battery, torque sensing, mudguards, stand, lights, pannier rack,etc...
Perfect easy rider maintenance free drivetrain for flattish terrain riding
Agreed, proprietary Bafang h700 parts, probably expensive to replace ?, but £449...buy 2, one for spares!!

View attachment 56574
Thanks for the information about this Buzzbike!

I have just purchased the bike (£450 + £20 delivery) on the strength of the recent posts here and am expecting delivery by 5th March.

I was looking at doing a conversion myself with a torque sensor rear hub kit from Woosh. But by the time you add the cost of the kit, battery and a second hand donor bike, this buzzbike was actually significantly cheaper, the bike is new and I don't need to get my hands dirty!

I've never had an ebike before so looking forward to getting it. I will post my experience of the bike here when it's received..

Thanks again for the info, I really appreciate all the help and advice I've received on this forum..

Waspy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2012

I have just purchased the bike (£450 + £20 delivery) on the strength of the recent posts here and am expecting delivery by 5th March.

I was looking at doing a conversion myself with a torque sensor rear hub kit from Woosh. But by the time you add the cost of the kit, battery and a second hand donor bike, this buzzbike was actually significantly cheaper, t
he bike is new and I don't need to get my hands dirty!

I've never had an ebike before so looking forward to getting it. I will post my experience of the bike here when it's received..

Thanks again for the info, I really appreciate all the help and advice I've received on this forum..
Well done mate.

That bike looks a bit of a bargain and with some unusual features. Looking forward to a full report!

I'm not sure if you know much about bikes but when it comes to commissioning the bike after delivery, get the battery on charge first, then remember the left pedal has a left-handed thread and the handlebar will need to be straightened and the stem bolts tightened.

In the picture below, the red arrowed bolts are what you are interested in, the blue arrowed bolt should not be touched, this if for setting the tension on the bearings in the headset.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

I was looking at doing a conversion myself with a torque sensor rear hub kit from Woosh. But by the time you add the cost of the kit, battery and a second hand donor bike, this buzzbike was actually significantly cheaper, the bike is new and I don't need to get my hands dirty!

It has a small battery, so I'm looking forward to reading about how it copes with the hills you mentioned. It's a bit of an @unknown quantity

A lot of fairly hilly roads but nothing too long or steep.

Last edited:
Reactions: unknown quantity

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Don't think it would be difficult to add another battery
I'm interested in the belt drive / 2 speed automatic gears - is 2 speed enough ?
Could be very good combined with the torque sensor, and presumably multiple assist levels as well. Like a single speed bike with a helping hand to get started, and the higher assist levels for modest hills.

I await reports with interest!

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
and the stem bolts tightened.
Along with every other bolt you can find. You always get with pre-assembled reports of this not tightened properly, or that loosening off, cranks falling off, brake levers moving on the bars etc etc,so its prudent just to go over the entire bike and check every last component.

That makes it's hill climbing performance even more of an @unknown quantity
40nm, and three speed assist choices, so maxing everything out, and a 2nd(low speed) kicking in it should handle simple hills. But that said its aimed as an urban ride, so steep or steepish hills arent really going to be in it's remit.
Certainly on a long incline I think it might struggle to keep going at 15.5mph without the speed seriously dropping off or considerably more effort needed.

--------------
I was looking for some real world user reviews, but can't seem to find any. Anyone knows of any please post up.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Waspy

Waspy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2012
It has a small battery, so I'm looking forward to reading about how it copes with the hills you mentioned. It's a bit of an @unknown quantity
Well, I don't know, it has a 10ah battery, mine has 13ah (so not MASSIVELY different) and I can go out for a 20 mile bike ride (including some hills) and only use half my battery charge. I know these bike manufacturers claim 60 miles range etc. but in the real world, there's not many old farts on e-bikes go on 60 mile bike rides.

I bet the OP comes back and says he's delighted LOL

Reactions: Peter.Bridge

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
I bet the OP comes back and says he's delighted LOL
Maybe I'll be joining that rewview. Im sitting heere trying to justify a 3rd bike(2nd ebike) mainly to ride into the city center to use M&S or a walk around.

If i ever go into town with the good bike, I lock it up in plain view in a busy pedestrian precinct type street, then walk 40m away, sit down and suck on my vape mainly to see if anyone approaches it. I use high end locks, in the middle of the day, but even going into m&s to buy a bit of steak and some good cheese, I'm anxious to get back out to it, and its in my head the whole time. It is effectively a £6k full suss emtb so pretty much stands out in the crowd.

Maybe with a £470 affair, I wouldn't be as anxious. Its just can it do the run distance, which is probably 15 miles round trip, with it maxxed out assistance im thinking thats probably its limit, as theres a long incline on the return trip.
Im about 95kg(6'3") which is near its stated max weight rider limit of 100kg- not that that is an important figure really, but my weight will impact on range.

I suppose if its not suitable for the longer to the town run, it will do for the shorter supermarket run, visiting family, and if not I should get back about what I paid for it on gumtree.

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Maybe I'll be joining that rewview. Im sitting heere trying to justify a 3rd bike(2nd ebike) mainly to ride into the city center to use M&S or a walk around.

If i ever go into town with the good bike, I lock it up in plain view in a busy pedestrian precinct type street, then walk 40m away, sit down and suck on my vape mainly to see if anyone approaches it. I use high end locks, in the middle of the day, but even going into m&s to buy a bit of steak and some good cheese, I'm anxious to get back out to it, and its in my head the whole time. It is effectively a £6k full suss emtb so pretty much stands out in the crowd.

Maybe with a £470 affair, I wouldn't be as anxious. Its just can it do the run distance, which is probably 15 miles round trip, with it maxxed out assistance im thinking thats probably its limit, as theres a long incline on the return trip.
Im about 95kg(6'3") which is near its stated max weight rider limit of 100kg- not that that is an important figure really, but my weight will impact on range.

I suppose if its not suitable for the longer to the town run, it will do for the shorter supermarket run, visiting family, and if not I should get back about what I paid for it on gumtree.
I think the way to look at any very cheap bike deal like this is as you are getting it at rock bottom price, if it doesn't work out for you, then the resale is going to be not far off what you are paying for it, even 1 or 2 years down the line. I found this with my 1st gen Carrera Crossfire-e which I got new for about £660 after various discounts at the time and after 3 years old and 4k miles on it, sold it on for £400 to a mate, who after a couple of years sold it on again for what he paid me
Like you, i'd be stressed out leaving a £6k eMTB anywhere even for a few minutes, this £470 bike is pretty low key, in tube battery, no display, looks single speed, doesn't shout expensive ebike...no brainer if you ask me...I'm tempted myself but cannot squeeze another bike into the garage !
Looking forward to the reviews when people get theirs

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
OK, I've went for it.

Due 6th March or thereabouts, so we'll see what turns up.

It actually goes against my philosophy when it comes to buying a bike - cheap parts, one size fitting all etc. But for the money and removal of stress about leaving it, I think those outweigh the downsides.
Besides, i've a shed load of parts i will swop out which will shed some weight and make it more comfortably sized for me. Bars, stem- longer/more rise, better saddle, see what I have in the seatpost department.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Besides, i've a shed load of parts i will swop out which will shed some weight and make it more comfortably sized for me. Bars, stem- longer/more rise, better saddle, see what I have in the seatpost department.
By the time you've finished, will it be a £1k to £2k bike...

Maybe with a £470 affair, I wouldn't be as anxious.
...which you'll again be anxious about losing?

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
Its just can it do the run distance, which is probably 15 miles round trip, with it maxxed out assistance im thinking thats probably its limit, as theres a long incline on the return trip.
With the Woosh Torque Sensor and power based pas level controller, I can comfortably get to 17 mph (15.5 +10%) on the flat on level 1 assistance which is max 150 watts (I am 105kg). You might only need max assist for that incline - so your range may be better than you expect.