Battery capacity running down

naughtyus maximus

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 19, 2019
its normal for the controller to constantly vary the power due to things like accelerating.lowering the power when up to speed and the degree of incline/decline of the terrain an choice of gears, the amount of power needed will continually fluctuate. the higher the assist level the watts wont drop as much.

if your charger is the type with a fan you should hear it coming on and off from time to time after the green light indicates charged.then you will know its balancing.not so easy with non fan types.best to leave as much as a whole day if its never been balanced. my 52v only charges to 57.5v instead of 58.8v now.half the cells cant reach 4.2v anymore so the BMS seems to balance them all at 4.1v.
Thats interesting to know.I've always unplugged the charger once the fan turns off the first time.Once or twice i haven't unplugged it immediately,and then heard the fan switch on again briefly for a minute or two.In future i'll do as you recommend and leave it in charge mode for 24 hours many thanks.

naughtyus maximus

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 19, 2019
To everybody that responded to my question.Just an update re my battery.I've now taken to turning the battery on when charging it as recommended by minexplorer.I've taken the bike out three evenings in succession,and covered an identical route on all three occasions.First evening the battery cut out 3 miles from home.Second night it cut out 2 miles from home,and on the third night it got me back home with some power to spare:).So it seems to be getting back to where it was originally and must have been a case of the cells being out of balance as a result of my not charging it correctly.Would have been usefull if the supplier had sent some instructions with the battery in the first place but hey ho.Many thanks to everyone for your usefull advice.

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
To everybody that responded to my question.Just an update re my battery.I've now taken to turning the battery on when charging it as recommended by minexplorer.I've taken the bike out three evenings in succession,and covered an identical route on all three occasions.First evening the battery cut out 3 miles from home.Second night it cut out 2 miles from home,and on the third night it got me back home with some power to spare:).So it seems to be getting back to where it was originally and must have been a case of the cells being out of balance as a result of my not charging it correctly.Would have been usefull if the supplier had sent some instructions with the battery in the first place but hey ho.Many thanks to everyone for your usefull advice.
Excellent news.i feel annoyed at the lack of charging instructions too. Sadly in my case a whole year of incorrect charging caused irreversible damage. I was hoping it would still be in time for you.