Battery Life?

detec52

Pedelecer
Jan 14, 2011
Having just purchased a bike from juicy bikes in buxton, i wonder how long would this battery last? battery is 36/10amp, they say it will take around 800 or so charges? i did around 15miles today first time out and still had 2 lights on when i got home, very pleased with this bike its the 2011 sport, for the price its great i will do a review later in the year, Cheers Rob.

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
Hi Rob, that number of cycles sounds a bit high, but I suppose it depends on the specific chemistry involved, I know Schwinn claimed in excess of 2000 cycles for their Toshiba SCiB battery Tailwind, which I think was lithium titanate.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Having just purchased a bike from juicy bikes in buxton, i wonder how long would this battery last? battery is 36/10amp, they say it will take around 800 or so charges? i did around 15miles today first time out and still had 2 lights on when i got home, very pleased with this bike its the 2011 sport, for the price its great i will do a review later in the year, Cheers Rob.
Really pleased you like the bike Rob and thanks for taking the trouble to share. Please stay in touch and I'm genuinely interested in your feedback.

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
battery life

Hi the battery sounds like a lithium magnesium although most reatalers

call them LI-io

They have been very honest in ther discription It shoul be Around 1,000 charges still with 80% capacity

Frank

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi the battery sounds like a lithium magnesium although most reatalers

call them LI-io

They have been very honest in ther discription It shoul be Around 1,000 charges still with 80% capacity

Frank
Magnesium in a lithium battery would be a dangerous fire risk Frank, I think you mean lithium manganese.

Manganese cathode batteries have a life of some 500 charge cycles with 70% retained capacity at best, only those with compound cathodes are said to be able to get to higher numbers like 800 charges, though as yet that's unproven by customer experience.

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
battery

Hi Flecc

My spell checker change the spelling

You are correct there is no such battery

It is A manganese Li-Mn02

detec52

Pedelecer
Jan 14, 2011
Thanks everyone like i said for what i paid for this bike im very very pleased, look forward to many smile miles, and i must just say that juicy bikes are a real friendly bunch and have put the word about so they may get a few more customers coming there way!!!!!!!!

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi I have only a small coment on Juicy Bike Good value for money

You wont see any bad things on this forum

Unless you know better

Frank

CeeGee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 4, 2009
Weybridge, UK
Hi I have only a small coment on Juicy Bike Good value for money

You wont see any bad things on this forum

Unless you know better

Frank
You obviously don't have the intelligence to read the forum before posting.
I know better than you.

Colin

CeeGee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 4, 2009
Weybridge, UK
No you didn't, and as I posted - all you have to do is read the forum, or use the functions provided.
One point about Juicy Bikes: the owner and administrator of this forum has posted on this forum informing members of a special offer from the company, so he obviously has no problem with them.

Colin