Battery lost capacity

J.B.

Pedelecer
May 23, 2016
Lincolnshire
New battery showed zero on the display after only 14 miles? Continued for another 4 miles but had to come home to pack as away very early in the morning. Will have to charge it up and leave till next week.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
17.5 ah battery I would expect to see a range of about 50 - 70 miles, though there are variables involved of assist level, terrain, weight & weather conditions etc. In your case it is for towing goods and hairy dog.

Likely probability is Jimmy only part charged it and it wasn't fully charged so give it a good couple of charge cycles before contacting Jimmy again.

J.B.

Pedelecer
May 23, 2016
Lincolnshire
17.5 ah battery I would expect to see a range of about 50 - 70 miles, though there are variables involved of assist level, terrain, weight & weather conditions etc. In your case it is for towing goods and hairy dog.

Likely probability is Jimmy only part charged it and it wasn't fully charged so give it a good couple of charge cycles before contacting Jimmy again.
No it was fully charged .I will do a few discharges but I will run it to cut out .And my dog is a Springer Spaniel from a working dog line therefore small a mere 18kilos....when dry.

J.B.

Pedelecer
May 23, 2016
Lincolnshire
Did 57 miles. Battery display showed empty at 42. Never got to battery cut out. But motor was not doing much in the way of assistance at the end. All 57 miles done with assistance set at 75%. Not using a trailer for any of the 57miles as I was bedding in the studs on a new ice tyre. When I held in the button at the end it went to 4 red when I first got the battery it only went to two. Looks good. 57miles on 75% assistance is good enough for me!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
When the last indicator goes it often means battery is at 25% or less, the fact you got 15 more out of it supports that.
As and when the ambient air temps rise you should see a possible or up to a 20% increase in range.