Battery not cutting out

wurly

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2008
Yeovil, Somerset
I think it's a cause for celebration. One of my ping batteries (36Volt 5ah)has reached the grand old age of 2 years. It's performing well beyond my expectations. It is used daily during the week and i reckon it's assisted either my wife's bike (or mine) well beyond 2000 miles probably nearer 3000. (Bike speedos aren't anywhere near as reliable so it's difficult to be exact). The mileage isn't particulary high i know, but the bikes are used daily, only the ice and snow prevented us from using them.

We try not to push them beyond 2C discharge, they have never been drained to LVC and i estimate it's been charged 200 times. It's true, i am nursing these little babies as much as i did when my daughter was young:D.
With the same amount of care, I see no reason why it won't be serviceable for another 2 years or maybe even more.
At the moment the battery is paralleled on my bike with another 36V 5ah(18months old) through a high power schotty diode to give 10ah. The other bike has a 1 year old ping, which is performing well (of course).
I recommend Ping batteries:cool:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
We've previously had members reporting passing two years on Li Ping's batteries and being delighted with them, the first such reports well over a year ago now and no failure feedbacks yet.

He does seem to be a very reliable supplier, dedicated to quality.

wurly

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2008
Yeovil, Somerset
Another rare visit for me to the forum and i found this post.
It's 6 years ago and yes.....we are still using the original ping batteries!!
I have no idea for many miles they have provided assistance but what fantastic value.
I am so programmed to using and charging them that failure seems inconceivable.

Reactions: awol and Gaz

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I'll vouch for Ping batteries being very good. Ran a 48v 15Ah split pack for a year and a half at 2C peaks, with no discernible loss of performance. Charged at 5 amps too. I guessimate around 400 cycles.

Then sold it on to some lucky forum member, for a bargain price :)

The weight is the only real downside to these batteries.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

Mine lasted about 6 months, maybe 20 charges before one of the cells swelled up. It could probably be repaired if anyone wants it (20Ah 36v).

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Mine lasted about 6 months, maybe 20 charges before one of the cells swelled up. It could probably be repaired if anyone wants it (20Ah 36v).
To be fair Dave, you were running a 500 amp controller on the poor thing :p