Battery Replacement

Kevin Smith

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 17, 2014
Hi
I need to replace the battery which has died on my wifes Freego Wren. With Freego now having ceased trading, I've seen a few advertised on ebay as replacements that will fit and also a chap who rebuilds them in the exisiting case, although I've asked a couple of times and any warrenty still seems a bit 'hazy'. All are abut £300 which is fine, but I'd rather go with smebody who's been recommend that can provide a quality replacement with some warrenty just in case.
Thanks

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Have you asked Jimmy at Insat Int. to rebuild your battery? I'm fairly certain his work carrys some kind of warranty and he uses quality branded cells, which most ebay batteries don't. I would not hold much faith in most ebay resellers warranties.
eBike Batteries

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
I hope the 2 grand they're asking for E-Bike batteries on ebay is a typo. :rolleyes:

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
Should be clear, that not the business you were linking to Wheelie.

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
Michael, That IS JIMMY, your’e in a good place - a VERY GOOD place.
They turned around my recent purchase in seven days door-to-door including carriage.

Jim

Reactions: Michael Price

Kevin Smith

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 17, 2014
Thanks for recommending them. Very knowledgeable, prices are good and its very clear that the replacemnt will have a years warrenty. Exactly what I was after so I'll be ordering one!

Reactions: wheeliepete