BBS01- accessing advanced settings menu

Savvas

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 9, 2014
Hi Folks,
I've struck a problem with the BBS01 I've installed. I can't seem to access the 'advanced' settings' mode so I can set the wheel size. Greenbikekit sent me a pdf of the C961 control panel instructions and I've followed them to the letter as follows:

"Advanced setting: Press and hold  to start the display. Press and hold both + and - to enter setting mode
Press + or - and do not release, meanwhile press [power] eight times to go to the advanced setting menu."

Unfortunately nothing happens! The panel stays in the initial settings mode (on ' km/h,mile/h'). I've also tried holding both + and - while pressing Power 8 times but again nothing.

Can anyone offer advice as to how I can access the advanced settings? Might there be more than one version of the C961 panel?

Thanks,

Savvas.

Savvas

Feb 9, 2014
Thanks. I've managed to get it working at last. Turns out that to access the advanced settings from the general settings zone, you hold both + and - down and press power 8 times. It seems you have to be careful and precise about it - probably where my aging fingers let me down.

Just as an experiment I've set the number of power levels to '9'. What can I expect on the way to work tomorrow?

Savvas.

D

Deleted member 4366

Just as an experiment I've set the number of power levels to '9'. What can I expect on the way to work tomorrow?

Savvas.
Wind and rain, and a few annoying car drivers. Oh yes, and if you live in London near the Thames, floods! Good as the BBS01 is, even 9 power levels won't change that.

Savvas

Feb 9, 2014
English humour! Give me wind and rain anytime - you can have the 42 deg C heat we're facing.
What I meant was, with 9 levels, is the same amount of power available, just in smaller increments, or does the max. available increase somehow?
Ta,
Savvas.

D

Deleted member 4366

You're lucky then. Here, the wind and rain has been continuous for about three months.

I doubt that it affects the max power because the controller works on speed control. To be honest, I think that you'll find nine levels a bl00dy nuisance, because you have to press the button so many times to go from low to high. I think I could manage with three levels.

JohnWils

Jan 7, 2014
You're lucky then. Here, the wind and rain has been continuous for about three months.

I doubt that it affects the max power because the controller works on speed control. To be honest, I think that you'll find nine levels a bl00dy nuisance, because you have to press the button so many times to go from low to high. I think I could manage with three levels.

JohnWils

Jan 7, 2014
I can tell you that with the 8Fun Mid drive when you use the 1-9 settings it super charges the power - ie when you get the default 1-3 it is just that - the other six are extra ump.:)

£2.49

Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2013
Hi, I am also after buying the 8fun crank drive. I want to buy a complete kit including battery but don't know where to get one. Can someone point me in the right direction?. Many thanks Pete